• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colditz (TV series)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Glad to see you back in town, Bogey. Can't say I've seen the program.
    Hello SG.

The program is very much of it's time (early 1970s).

Great actors. Good stories. Based upon real heros, not made-up ones.

Worth buying the box set. Being shown currently on History channel, weekdays.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Top soundtrack as well.
      Yes, agreed with the lack of soundtrack on Colditz, added to the atmosphere.

I've got Das Boot in the original German on DVD (with English subtitles), the translation isn't up to par but so, so good.
      I thought I was the only one who loved the Das Boot music. I've got the feature-film version spanning two DVDs also in German (I think you get a choice of English dubbing), the first disc just stops randomly mid-scene IIRC. I watched it first as the TV series on BBC2 years ago.

Wife's away this weekend, I might just watch the entire thing in one go with a giant kebab pizza. I'm proper classy.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I thought I was the only one who loved the Das Boot music. I've got the feature-film version spanning two DVDs also in German (I think you get a choice of English dubbing), the first disc just stops randomly mid-scene IIRC. I watched it first as the TV series on BBC2 years ago.

Wife's away this weekend, I might just watch the entire thing in one go with a giant kebab pizza. I'm proper classy.
        If you want the full effect, get some red bulbs to plug into your light fittings

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Many years ago I made a recording of one of the Das Boot themes (not the main theme), I'll see if I can dig it out again. Klaus Doldinger was the composer.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Many years ago I made a recording of one of the Das Boot themes (not the main theme), I'll see if I can dig it out again. Klaus Doldinger was the composer.
            That's right Cliphead. The Klaus Doldinger original is available on iTunes: "Das Boot (Die Original Filmmusik)".

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Oh thank God, a fellow 'Old' bastard. I thought I was the only one.

Mind you, I was only a kid, in pajamas, with a cup of hot tomato soup.

I think it was on about 8pm on a Friday.
              If Wikipedia is to be trusted (and of course it always is) then the first series was originally broadcast on Thursdays, and the second on Mondays.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                If Wikipedia is to be trusted (and of course it always is) then the first series was originally broadcast on Thursdays, and the second on Mondays.
                Well done Nick.

Shows how feeble our brains really are at remembering.

It was a Thursday. I remember now.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  wow

colditz
                  tom sawyer
                  catweazle
                  onedin line
                  i calvdivs
                  stig of the dump
                  beverly hillbillies

Yeah.

Yes. Definitely. It was you I was thinking of.

Comment

I Claudius (I Clavdivs) was repeated a year or so back, it is very similar in quality and production to Colditz, well worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      I Claudius (I Clavdivs) was repeated a year or so back, it is very similar in quality and production to Colditz, well worth watching.
                      Again, giving away my age somewhat - watched the original broadcast on my mother's knee. It was great.

Jacobi was great and John Hurt as Caligula was outstanding.

Why haven't they made anything remotely as good in the last 30 years?

Comment

Working...
                      X