• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking news - iranian justice system won't stone female for adultary...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kandr View Post
    Punishment for adultery is between the two people, i.e. requesting a divorce. Are you insane?
    Why? It's a legal contract of sorts. If I beat my wife I can go to prison. Why not if I emotionally harm her through adultery?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      No, you are asking if capital punishment for adultery is more repulsive than adultery itself.
      And? If I cheat on YOUR wife, what would you say then about it?

edit: WITH. You bunch of pedants.
      Last edited by d000hg; 3 November 2010, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Why? It's a legal contract of sorts. If I beat my wife I can go to prison. Why not if I emotionally harm her through adultery?
        I'm sure she's emotionally harmed enough already.

Comment

Cheat on his wife? What do you mean?

I think most of us would agree that even where personally affected, adultery and death don't equate.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

How would YOU cheat on MY wife? Unless she's married to you too, in which case there's a whole load of issues to be dealt with.

Do you actually read what you type?

Also, since she's married to me already, I think she's been through enough.

Comment

I was just reading the story about three men who had been convicted of adultery and sentenced to stoning (so it's not just a woman thing), but a remarkable thing here is, one of them managed to wriggle out of his hole and escape. Under their loony justice system (allegedly), this means he is a free man. Women are buried to the neck, men to the waist.
              Two Men Stoned to Death for Adultery in Iran - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Comment

What part of "It's grounds for divorce" don't you understand? What if the wife is a cold, frigid evil bitch. All is fair in Love and War. Not saying adultery is right, but it is a mile away from physical abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I'm sure she's emotionally harmed enough already.
                  Try reading the question... shouldn't the husband be legally punishable for emotionally harming his wife the same as for physically harming her?

Anyway - I'm not advocating either way. But trying to spark conversation. For instance how many here would say capital punishment for paedophiles is justified? If so, that opens the doors to where you draw the line. Cheating on someone can cause pain and trauma, just like abusing them can - I'm sure people kill themselves over such things?

Comment

But typically under Islamic rulings, a man is buried up to his waist, while a woman is buried up to her neck.

Why?
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      How would YOU cheat on MY wife? Unless she's married to you too, in which case there's a whole load of issues to be dealt with.

Do you actually read what you type?

Also, since she's married to me already, I think she's been through enough.
                      Perhaps he's your wife's brother and is sleeping with you. I would say that the familial bond of trust and love between the two of them is such that this would constitute betrayal and therefore cheating on her. However, stoning may be inappropriate in any legal system as he probably has a defence of insanity.

Comment

Working...
                      X