• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking news - iranian justice system won't stone female for adultary...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Try reading the question... shouldn't the husband be legally punishable for emotionally harming his wife the same as for physically harming her?

Anyway - I'm not advocating either way. But trying to spark conversation. For instance how many here would say capital punishment for paedophiles is justified? If so, that opens the doors to where you draw the line. Cheating on someone can cause pain and trauma, just like abusing them can - I'm sure people kill themselves over such things?
    I'll try again. Your wife must be seriously emotionally harmed, so should you not be subject to criminal action?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      But typically under Islamic rulings, a man is buried up to his waist, while a woman is buried up to her neck.

Why?
      Hides the differing naughty bits, I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        What part of "It's grounds for divorce" don't you understand? What if the wife is a cold, frigid evil bitch. All is fair in Love and War. Not saying adultery is right, but it is a mile away from physical abuse.
        How is divorce a punishment of sufficient severity for the married person? Also if I'm not married and I cheat with someone else's spouse, how does a divorce punish me? Or am I totally innocent?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Try reading the question... shouldn't the husband be legally punishable for emotionally harming his wife the same as for physically harming her?

Anyway - I'm not advocating either way. But trying to spark conversation. For instance how many here would say capital punishment for paedophiles is justified? If so, that opens the doors to where you draw the line. Cheating on someone can cause pain and trauma, just like abusing them can - I'm sure people kill themselves over such things?
          Actually, I don't think you can compare someone being cheated on - however painful, with physical and/or mental abuse.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Perhaps he's your wife's brother and is sleeping with you. I would say that the familial bond of trust and love between the two of them is such that this would constitute betrayal and therefore cheating on her. However, stoning may be inappropriate in any legal system as he probably has a defence of insanity.
            Insanity... for sleeping with me... How very dare you!

Comment

I'll try again. Your wife must be seriously emotionally harmed, so should you not be subject to criminal action?
              Good question if we take it seriously. If I non-physically abuse my wife through our relationship, DOES our legal system consider this grounds for legal action? Anyone know?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hides the differing naughty bits, I expect.
                Yes, hadn't thought of that.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

How is divorce a punishment of sufficient severity for the married person? Also if I'm not married and I cheat with someone else's spouse, how does a divorce punish me? Or am I totally innocent?
                  It doesn't nor should it, relationships are based on trust and if someone breaks that trust then you have to deal with it, by either forgiving them or chucking them. What next jail for friends that stop calling you, or hanging parents for not playing with there kids enough. By that logic you should be hanged for us having to endure you constant ill-though drivel.

Comment

Good question if we take it seriously. If I non-physically abuse my wife through our relationship, DOES our legal system consider this grounds for legal action? Anyone know?
                    Emotional abuse is recognised as part of domestic violence. I believe legal action can be taken in the case of non violent abuse.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Yes, hadn't thought of that.
                      I'd like to know more about how this works. Okay, the women have no chance, but what about the men? When he gets out of the hole does he shout "okay, stop this now infidels, I'm out". Or does he have to run through the angry mob too?

Comment

Working...
                      X