• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Romanian Gypsies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a call from the other half and she said we had a Roma in our garden this morning going through our bins!!

Wife told her to get out, but didn't think she understood a word.

An englishmans home is his castle, and seems to be under siege at the moment.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I'm with the French on this one too -

Oh and if I'm going to buy the Big Issue, I'll buy it off an English homeless person, thank you very much. Except that knob outside Boots on Cross St in Manchester who tries to make me feel guilty
      He's not an official seller anyway. Torch 'em I say!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Is he like the homeless bloke who had a go at me for not giving him enough money?
        Probably, some of them are soooo cheeky!

This fella was such a cock... I said 'No thanks, mate' and he started going off on one... so I gave him the death stare, didn't work though, he just carried on with himself.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Must be awful. although at least the Roma don't seem to be involved in anything worse than minor thefts as far as I can see.

You can be sure our PC authorities won't act as the French have. Maybe the people who bang on about discrimination whenever some minority is simply asked to observe the same laws as the rest of us should try living in the areas that are affected; they might change their tune.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why are they settling in France ???

Hasnt anybody told the Roma to get on a coach and land in Bradford ? The moment they get here they can get themselves a free house, cash for food, fags etc even council tax paid.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Must be awful. although at least the Roma don't seem to be involved in anything worse than minor thefts as far as I can see.
              They are working their way up into prostituition and drugs round here.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

You can be sure our PC authorities won't act as the French have. Maybe the people who bang on about discrimination whenever some minority is simply asked to observe the same laws as the rest of us should try living in the areas that are affected; they might change their tune.
                Good point. Clearly many Roma haven´t done much to encourage a welcome reception where they arrive. However, there´s a bit of a catch. In eastern Europe there are very serious problems with violence toward Roma people, and with authorities turning a blind eye. Camps being torched, skinheads attacking Roma children and so on. So there´s a strong chance that if the Roma are deported to eastern Europe they´ll just come back to the west. As well as that, it won´t be very nice to hear that people have been deported to some eastern European tuliphole to become victims of pogroms. The issue isn´t all that simple. We have on the one hand a minority who seem to refuse to live according to the laws and customs of western countries, but they don´t seem to be accepted anywhere else and we don´t want to be responsible for putting them at the mercy of chaps like these.

I think a carrot and stick approach might be necessary; if they want to stay, they'll have to adapt in some ways, but in return they'll be safe from the kind of shocking persecution that's going on in Hungary and other parts of Europe and obviously need sites provided for them.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Probably, some of them are soooo cheeky!

This fella was such a cock... I said 'No thanks, mate' and he started going off on one... so I gave him the death stare, didn't work though, he just carried on with himself.
                  Like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Like this?
                    oi! CM would never wear a hat like that

Comment

They are starting to take on bigger houses with multiple rooms and filling them with dozens of people. Imagine that happened in your street?

Comment

Working...
                      X