• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Romanian Gypsies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Like this?
    Way worse than that....

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    oi! CM would never wear a hat like that
    you are so right!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
      oi! CM would never wear a hat like that
      Yes she would. I've got the photographs to prove it.

Comment

you two crack me up!!!

Comment

I think the solution to that sort of persecution Mich The T is to apply pressure on those EU countries from the top. I don't think we should continually wreck our own society by taking on the problems and the conflicts of the rest of the world.

Obviously it would have been better to require major social and economic problems to be sorted before countries are given full membership of the EU but hell, let's not let the needs of ordinary people stand in the way of our masters' grand vision.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Good point. Clearly many Roma haven´t done much to encourage a welcome reception where they arrive. However, there´s a bit of a catch. In eastern Europe there are very serious problems with violence toward Roma people, and with authorities turning a blind eye. Camps being torched, skinheads attacking Roma children and so on. So there´s a strong chance that if the Roma are deported to eastern Europe they´ll just come back to the west. As well as that, it won´t be very nice to hear that people have been deported to some eastern European tuliphole to become victims of pogroms. The issue isn´t all that simple. We have on the one hand a minority who seem to refuse to live according to the laws and customs of western countries, but they don´t seem to be accepted anywhere else and we don´t want to be responsible for putting them at the mercy of chaps like these.
            They get what they deserve. You can't blame the Eastern Europeans for hating them. They are the perfect definition of parasites (or Untermenschen, like it's said in Germany). A people with ZERO community values, ZERO personal responsibility, ZERO ethics, etc.

A wandering minority whose case is no different from the Jews. If the Jews got Israel, they should get their own country, preferably in the place they came from originally: India.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I think the solution to that sort of persecution Mich The T is to apply pressure on those EU countries from the top. I don't think we should continually wreck our own society by taking on the problems and the conflicts of the rest of the world.

Obviously it would have been better to require major social and economic problems to be sorted before countries are given full membership of the EU but hell, let's not let the needs of ordinary people stand in the way of our masters' grand vision.
              Wot He Said ^ 10
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

All these blame things are probably simplistic. Very few people decide to just hate a group for no reason and in most cases there is a legitimate concern. The real problem is when that perception damages the chances of the ok members of a group who in turn become unemployed, resentful and criminal, which damages perceptions further etc etc.

Unfortunately (because it quite appeals) travellers and gypsies really have no place in an overcrowded over regulated property owning society of local communities. They are never going to go anywhere where they are not using land and resources that do not belong to somebody else or which somebody else has paid for. A lot of red tape and over free immigration has excluded them from hop picking, knife grinding and other legal temporary jobs they used to do.

I prefer to take a purely practical approach. We should not be trying to solve problems not of our making when it causes problems in our own society, especially when what we do is unlikely to change anything. There are no easy solutions.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
                  They get what they deserve.
                  I can see MTT's point of view, I can see Xog's... but you? I find your tone sinister.
                  Have you forgotten that they are humans too?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    I can see MTT's point of view, I can see Xog's... but you? I find your tone sinister.
                    Have you forgotten that they are humans too?
                    whs

I don't think he cares that they are humans.

Xog approaches the issue with some rational arguments. I try to do the same. MIB just seems to hate anyone who doesn't fit in with his view of how to live and thinks they're not worthy of life.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They can go and be human somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X