• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Man Speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also added a few comedy best wishes comments at the end just before the toast for minor unrelated giggles...

Can't remember the wording I used but can just be one liners..

Dave and ann say best wishes and enjoy the three rings of marriage, the wedding ring, the enduring and the suffering...

Best wishes from all at Madama Geegee's dungeon in (whereever stag do was) and can you advise when you will be back to pick up your blow up sheep.

Well done from the football lads, (wifes name), after 2 years of seeing his terrible performance on the pitch we hope you fare better

blahh blahh

Cheesy crap but if you have delivered a good speech they should be giddy enough to appreciate them as a 5 min wind down at the end.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Maybe I'm a bit out of touch; but I thought a Best Man speech was supposed to be slightly saucy here and there, rather than one long Roy Chubby Brown sketch.

What must the grandparents think?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Ladies and gentlemen, if there's anybody here this afternoon who's feeling nervous, apprehensive and queasy at the thought of what lies ahead, it's probably because you have just got married to <groom>
        Not bad
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Forget the speech. what have they lined up for you Head Bridesmaid wise? Have they gone for the traditional 'Chubby friend in a ghastly pink dress' to make the bride look good or have they lined up something special?
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
          X