• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Man Speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are obviously two very important people here today, without whom very little of this would have been possible. And the great thing is that as the evening progresses, most of us will get to spend more and more time talking with them. So please join me in a very special toast – to the bar staff!

I actually used this one.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Lighting a barbeque is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...
      ... you've got to fire her up, make sure the main dish is well marinated, carefully position your vegetables, and then unwrap your sausage.

or something.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is going to be quite a short speech because xxx made me promise not to mention the drugs or the whores...
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          There are obviously two very important people here today, without whom very little of this would have been possible. And the great thing is that as the evening progresses, most of us will get to spend more and more time talking with them. So please join me in a very special toast – to the bar staff!

I actually used this one.
          Got this one also

Comment

I've been asked to be best man and XXX said if I do a good job I can be best man at his next wedding

Comment

wow, google is pretty quick
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, if there's anybody here this afternoon who's feeling nervous, apprehensive and queasy at the thought of what lies ahead, it's probably because you have just got married to <groom>
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Just remember people want to laugh with you, reel out some classics and throw in a few short personal anecdotes and never say anything even slightly derogatory about the bride, 10 minutes max.

I went to a wedding where the best man had contrived a 30 minute speech packed full of in-jokes that only the grooms closest friends would know about, whilst they giggled like schoolboys 90% of the guests were looking at their watches.

I went to another wedding in France where the French side of the family didn't see the relevance of a best mans speech and just continued to chat loudly amongst themselves whilst the poor bloke died on his feet.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I went to a wedding where the best man had contrived a 30 minute speech packed full of in-jokes that only the grooms closest friends would know about, whilst they giggled like schoolboys 90% of the guests were looking at their watches.
                    I attended a wedding where the best man did private family jokes and it was awful. Our side of the family hadn't a clue what it was all about.

You should also keep the smut, innuendoes and bad language under control. It can easily offend.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I got married in June and didn't have 1 speech, oh joy.
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X