• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal only school dinners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Telling Muzzies to go home could be construed as racist though and that was my point.
    No its not really racist.
    There are Muslims who think certain countries in the Middle East are their spiritual home and that other Islamists are their "brothers" who are being killed by foreign invaders.

To them I would say, "Go home", as they obviously don't think this is it.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

What's wrong with only being offered Halal meat? It's not anti-[any religion I know] and if it makes things simpler than offering more choices, go for it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        There are Muslims who think certain countries in the Middle East are their spiritual home and that other Islamists are their "brothers" who are being killed by foreign invaders.

Your argument is weak and tenuous.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        What's wrong with only being offered Halal meat? It's not anti-[any religion I know] and if it makes things simpler than offering more choices, go for it.
        WHS.

However it may have something(a lot) to do with the demonising of certain beliefs and the actions of certain members of the press to stir up the masses.
        Last edited by SupremeSpod; 9 August 2010, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I think that depends on whether or not you are a 'journalist' with the Daily Star and just how desperate you are to fill the front page...
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just an aside on toleration:-

In 312AD Constantine the Great declared toleration for Christianity with the edict of Milan. At this time only around 10% of the population was Christian.

Aprox 408 AD Theodius the Great (again I wonder why?) declared all other religions as outlawed and their practice forbidden. Cyril and his fanatical followers destroyed the greatest library in the world at Alexandria and burnt down the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus (One of the ancient wonders).

Now history doesn’t repeat itself, but it does have rhythms.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I agree, on the face of it, I don't think it is racist either. If anything it is culturalist.

There is growing disquiet among non-muslims about muslim enclaves growing in towns and cities. No amount of PC name-calling will stop that. Probably make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I have to say that of all arguments people deploy there are few stupider than those along the lines of "It's In The Daily Mail" as if that actually proves anything one way or another. It is perfectly true that tabloid papers in particular (The Mirror is just as bad) are selective in what they print but selective does not equate to wrong.
                It's also helpful in re-enforcing bigotted views.

Comment

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
                  Muzzies go home.
                  Nick is that you? How does it feel to be on the beach sipping Pimms after losing seats. my my you are a rascal.

I like muzzie!
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Demonising of certain beliefs??? The usual crap argument from the non thinkers deployed to halt any valid criticism.

Try a bit of logic. If somebody had no interest one way or another in animals' welfare then one would indeed suspect predudice in objecting to halal meat. However, in the great majority of cases those objecting to it are concerned on this issue. To abandon a valid belief simply because of the origins of those on the other side of is either an inverted racism or pure cowardice.

Personally I am opposed to unecessary cruelty and have had a few arguments on here with Dodgy and others re foxhunting. I also believe in a woman's rights to make her own decisions, including over abortion, personal freedom, sexual freedom for gays, democracy and rational law and am opposed to capital punishment or to any other simplistic approach to criminal punishment. Like many others I see these things as part of a civilised and enlightened society.

So why precisely does anyone think we should pretend to respect a faith that practices ritual slaughter, makes a woman subordinate to her
                    husband, is sexually repressive, punishes gays, thinks society should be governed according to the word of a non existent entity as defined by the supposed teachings of an 8th century warlord and prescribes barbaric punishments for crimes regardless of circumstance?

PS And I like vodka.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 9 August 2010, 17:20.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X