• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does Britain coming last in the Eurovision Song Contest mean that we are the unliked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rest of Europe love to have their little dig at us for whatever reason (Iraq/being US's love puppy) however being last is woeful - you'd have thought we could gained more points than Iceland.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      The rest of Europe love to have their little dig at us for whatever reason (Iraq/being US's love puppy) however being last is woeful - you'd have thought we could gained more points than Iceland.

qh
      bollox

Anything other than last would be a disgrace.

The whole thing's a big lump of tulipe for tulipe musicians singing tulipe songs written by tulip composers.

The only country in Europe that means anything in terms of popular music is Britain, so there's no point in taking it seriously.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        That's maybe the case, but Muse, Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys seem to be played to death on Dutch radio.
        When was the last time a credible UK act (e.g one you might still hear on the radio) did Eurovision?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
          Who could forget THIS classic?
          I'm trying, believe me.

Yes, coming last does mean we are actually disliked even more than the Israelis.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What shocked me was that Malta didn't vote for us. Ever since the Siege of Malta they have consistently given us dix points.

All that has gone now.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

The UK entry was absolutely dreadful, fully deserved to come last. It's all about entertainment, and I'm sorry I'd rather watch paint dry that Josh sing. As the German producer said after his protege won it's not the song, it's the singer, she would have won with any song. Josh could have sung the best song ever written and still come last.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                don't tarnish Scotland's name, they love us over there and people north of the border care very much about the relationship with the rest of europe....
                That sums it up really. If Scotland could enter Eurovision independently, then "Bagpipes on the Bonnie Shores" would be a sure-fire winner. Go for it!
                Cats are evil.

Comment

We need a transexual yodelling nun next year. We might not win but we won't come last, even if there are no words to the song. It's nothing to do with the music and everything about campness and gimmicks. Countries that enter pretty teenage girls come mid-way. Countries that enter boys come last (in a totally nonsexual way, of course).
                  Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

What shocked me was that Malta didn't vote for us. Ever since the Siege of Malta they have consistently given us dix points.

All that has gone now.
                    Maybe they remembered that we didn't help out at this Siege of Malta
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      When was the last time a credible UK act (e.g one you might still hear on the radio) did Eurovision?
                      Never. Credible acts don't do Eurovision, because they want to keep their credibility. That's what makes it the tulipfest it is.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X