• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Train Journey This Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7:39 was cancelled due to 'not enough staff'

And I'm ill and dragged myself in today anyway... so the 7:51 was rammed but luckily I live far enough out to still have got seat unlike some of the other poor saps along the line.

There was plenty of "Can you move down inside please?....You with the red scarf - move down!"
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Train slower than scheduled (+15mins) due to 'defective train' on the tracks and intercity trains held up around Schiphol due to body found in rail tunnel.

Seats available, no smells, no OAP's, no personal stereo noises, no door issues.
      I like your train journeys
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

6 carriages instead of customary 9 or 12, packed lilke sardine tins; only standing room including 1st class. Sat on suitcase surrounded by people; luckily no smelly people, but one OAP complaining about people talking.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was approximately 0.05 seconds late for the train I was aiming for (the little light on the door opening button went out when my finger was about 1 mm from it). Ah well, only another 8 minutes to the next train, and that one doesn't stop at any stations in between. Small price to pay for dropping off a load of empty bottles, jars and cans off at the recycling bins on the way.

As I am making my way up the carriage to get off a young bird looks up at me. A certain Angelina Jolie look on her face brightens my day up.

The diggers have now built a small island in the middle of the river.

Must have been a new driver on the bus. He did a U-turn rather than the normal reversing bit to turn around.
          Last edited by Sysman; 25 October 2010, 11:00.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Got later train (8:09) this morning due to still not feeling 100%.

Many of the usual familiar faces from the earlier train had also opted to take the later train as well.

Changed at Twickenham for the fast train which wasn't as packed as the earlier one (7:39) which was nice although I still had to stand. Got into Waterloo at 8:50 and only had to wait for 1 Jubilee line tube to go before I could get on one.

Got into canary wharf at about 9:15~ish

Comment

Train stank of piss. Perhaps because the lousy tulips in Dutch railways management decided to save money by removing the loos from local trains. It was evident that someone had relieved himself against the permanently locked door of what was once an acceptable facility for the relief of urinarily distressed passengers.

Comment

Got an earlier train today and it was as punctual as always. Definitely getting busier as many of the cyclists are electing for the train on the dark wet mornings.

There wasn't a queue so I opted for a coffee and croissant whilst waiting for the ferry.

Comment

Where is gricerboy these days? Last I heard, he was going exploring in various Rail Tunnels near Amsterdam Airport?
                  Or is threaded just away on holiday again?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Looking out the window, lots of snow on the mountains in the distance.

It's getting closer, must be nearly time to get out.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Train to the Hague on time, seats aplenty. No smells, no noises, no chavs, no OAPs, temperature pleasant; maybe I am not awake yet, maybe I have entered a strange new reality in an undiscovered parallel universe.

I suspect this evening's train journey will be different.

Comment

Working...
                      X