• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Train Journey This Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    to a rail enthusiast
    isbn 1921122013

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Bollocks.
      And how, may I asked, are you qualified to disagree with my prior assertion?

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
        isbn 1921122013
        Yes please Santa! You can fill my sack with that any day of the week!

Comment

He's qualified by virtue of being more interesting than a lecture on rollingstock in the mids 1970's, presented by dull sockie living in Neasden, spotting trains on an overcast Sunday afternoon, just outside Milton Keynes, clasping a thermos of cold tomato suit to the breast of his anorak.

Unlike you.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            He's qualified by virtue of being more interesting than a lecture on rollingstock in the mids 1970's, presented by dull sockie living in Neasden, spotting trains on an overcast Sunday afternoon, just outside Milton Keynes, clasping a thermos of cold tomato suit to the breast of his anorak.

Unlike you.
            Yeah, wot he said!

Comment

My train journey this morning was made considerably less pleasant by the herd of cackling pensioners who’d cut out and kept their free 1st class upgrade tickets from some old farty magazine to visit the ’50 plus exhibition’ in Utrecht. 1st class was chock full, although I managed to find a seat. Having sat down I was unable to retreat behind my laptop as the pensioner sitting opposite me was using the electricity socket for powering his portable coffee machine, so I tried to sleep, a mission rendered impossible by the constant whining of beige and grey clothed OAPs discussing the merits of visiting the zoo on a Tuesday morning and presenting the vouchers from a box of breakfast cereal which allowing them 5 euros discount on the entry fee. They only seem interested in getting discounts on anything they buy.
              Last edited by Mich the Tester; 15 September 2010, 13:51.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I'm waiting with bated breath for my B&Q over sixty discount card.
                Hey, you never know mate, you could end up working there.

Comment

This is just a slightly more specific TPD.

Comment

Gents, I don't mind you partaking in my thread but please TRY TO KEEP IT ON TOPIC!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                      Gents, I don't mind you partaking in my thread but please TRY TO KEEP IT ON TOPIC!
                      That'll be the day.

Anyway, as I was saying...

Comment

Working...
                      X