• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who talk to themselves in work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    A guy I was at university with, when you got nervous used to mutter "spray, spray, squirt, squirt" to himself.

Occasionally, when exceptionally nervous, he'd add a "wishy, washy" to the end of it.
    I think I've been out with him.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I used to work with someone that was slightly unhinged, colleague told me he heard him sitting on the bog one day muttering "come on, get out ya wee tulipe, come on, get out"

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I think I've been out with him.
        This is my surprised face
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

This is my surprised face
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Given the number of weirdos that you have been out with, the thought that you might have been out with someone who mumbles "spray, spray, squirt, squirt, wishy, washy" doesn't surprise me much

Comment

I think what he means is that given what you've told us about your dating history, it comes as no surprise....

You do seem to have had your fair share of "special" dates.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Given the number of weirdos that you have been out with, the thought that you might have been out with someone who mumbles "spray, spray, squirt, squirt, wishy, washy" doesn't surprise me much
                Ouch!
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  I think what he means is that given what you've told us about your dating history, it comes as no surprise....

You do seem to have had your fair share of "special" dates.
                  I know; I like to do my bit when it comes to entertaining friends and family, see...
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Ouch!
                    Sorry - but you do seem to have recounted some amusing encounters in the past!!

Maybe you should write a blog / book about them all....

(I'll add a "lol" to soften the blow )

Comment

Sorry - but you do seem to have recounted some amusing encounters in the past!!

Maybe you should write a blog / book about them all....

(I'll add a "lol" to soften the blow )
                      I know, it's a fair cop.

I find it much more fun recounting them on here actually! When I'm "ready to date"* again I will keep you updated on the freaks I encounter. Praps I will start with the one about the pretending-not-to-be-married fella here.

*Apologies for the use of this revolting expression
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X