• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorway Horror Stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Getting into a road rage incident at 100mph on the M3(not my fault by the way, they started on me), which then did escalate to the driver overtaking and constantly slamming their brakes on in front of me.

Eventually I reovertook and sprayed my windscreen wipers(wow). Only for them to pull over beside me and start to try and hit my car. Being me, I of course stood my ground and wound my window down, hit the indicator and waved with my fist and indicated with my finger for them to pull over.

They reciprocated my winding down their window and pointing a hand gun out of the window.

I hit the breaks!!!!!!!
    Ahh you are one of those drivers I've seen on the M3 doing the racing and other idiotic things.

There seem to be lots of road rage incidents on the M3. Not good when you are minding your own business driving a long at 90.

BTW Breaks on push bikes, cars and other motor vehicles is spelt "brakes".
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Getting into a road rage incident at 100mph on the M3(not my fault by the way, they started on me), which then did escalate to the driver overtaking and constantly slamming their brakes on in front of me.
      Just bump them gently when they do this...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        BTW Breaks on push bikes, cars and other motor vehicles is spelt "brakes".
        bollocks. When I wish to slow my car down I use a beach wind break. Don't know it all do you!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Upsetting the Winchester chapter on the a281. If you see a battered Granada with five dirty blokes in it don't overtake.

Ford white van pulling a caravan at 80mph loses the caravan in the outside lane, he joined the remains upside down on the hard shoulder as most of the other motorists tried their wind breaks.

Lorry in front of me on the M25 lost the back tread it unrolled like carpet abot 30 feet in front of me, caught it on the rear wheel.

Hitting a deer at 30 mph in my Volvo, car 0 (it walked away) deer 2 (Bonnet and the original steel bumper).

Lorry driver falling asleep and quite fancying my lane at 70.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            A long section of exhaust plus silencer speeding through the air towards me, rotating. Time slowed down, but that didn't appear to improve my reaction time. It either missed or no great damaged was caused that I recall, as otherwise I would recall.
            I'm afraid you died. This is the afterlife...

I've had a fairly easy time of it, it seems. The worst I've seen was in incredibly thick (freezing) fog on the M1 one Christmas eve. Most of us were tootling along at about 30mph, where we were at a reasonable distance and could see the fog lights of the car in front. Every now and then, some maniac would come hurtling past.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Driving my BMW the engine and all the electrics failed in the fast lane of the M11 in a blizzard which had come on really quickly. I skidded to a stop, got out of the car (now left in the fast lane with hazards but no lights....) and stepped over the central reservation. A car came up behind my car, only saw it at the last moment, swerved to avoid and did a 360 in the snow ending up on the hard shoulder banking missing both me and the car by 6 inches. In 30 secs there was traffic stopped behind me and I heard at least one shunt further back up the queue. The police arrived and closed the motorway until I could get going again.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Also....and this was my fault, driving my Supra out one morning forgetting I'd put it away the previous night without bolting the targa top down....Luckily the guy behind me didn't get hit by it and it needed nothing more than a respray!
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Eventually I reovertook and sprayed my windscreen wipers(wow). Only for them to pull over beside me and start to try and hit my car. Being me, I of course stood my ground and wound my window down, hit the indicator and waved with my fist and indicated with my finger for them to pull over.

They reciprocated my winding down their window and pointing a hand gun out of the window.

I hit the breaks!!!!!!!
                  If I were you I would have some machine guns fitted they're much more efficient than hand guns. I find it is very difficult to aim a handgun on the motorway.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 April 2010, 07:30.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

If anyone starts behaving aggressively towards me at 100mph on the motorway, I get out of their effing way!

I've had cars coming up behind me flashing their lights at me whilst I was doing 95mph in the outside lane (no, It wasn't a police car!)
                    I have never flashed my lights at someone to get them to move and never will, I think its rude and intimidating and could cause the person in front to react in either a childish way - slowing down etc or panic and move out of the way before they've checked its safe.

If someone is too close behind me I get out of their way, they are behaving like ****** and I'd much rather not have them around me.
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Not a personal experience, but saw on TV last night a woman being pushed in her Clio down the motorway at some speed, by a large arctic for some distance.

The scary thing is that the lorry dirver was not aware cos the car was small enough for him not to be able to see it from where he was sitting, and the power of the tractor unit was so much as not not even notice it either.

Not sure when it happened, may be old news but I had never seen it before.
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X