• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Living For The City...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Tay - stop trolling. NickFitz, don't react. Please keep on-topic.
    Yup, sorry - I shouldn't feed the troll

Comment

NAT. I am getting fed up with this, all posters who have a certain view must be MF. It's poor and Ad Hominem posting.

Copying my troll post to here as well.

Ban all multiple IP Addresses & accounts with the same Email address immediately and then watch all the sockies drop off.

Well that depends Nick, on how the Forum & Moderators define trolling, and whether it is condoned or not. I believe as General(&LR) is not a serious forum(hence the flaming I got when i got back for questioning it, the One a Day thread and the lack of moderation) then as I read the rules, then it's all up for grabs by all types of poster. You just happen to be one type of poster.

Your trolling argument though is completely counter productive. You have levelled it at a number of posters to whom you have a counter argument or point. I believe that this whole witchhunt on 'so called trolling and cyber bullying' is being stoked by yourself & the likes of Zippy & a couple of others, with the odd attention seeker Suityou jumping up and down and shouting 'troll'

It's counter productive for all the good stuff you do. IMO

Troll sites
      While some webmasters and forum administrators consider trolls to be a scourge on their sites, some websites welcome them. For example, a New York Times article discussed troll activity at the /b/ board on 4chan and at Encyclopedia Dramatica, which it described as "an online compendium of troll humor and troll lore".[3] This site and others such as The Bad Webcomics Wiki are often used as a base to troll against sites that they can not normally post on. These trolls feed off the reactions of their victims because 'their agenda is to take delight in causing trouble'.[17]
      [edit] Usage

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used as an ad hominem strategy to discredit an opposing position by attacking its proponent.

Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".
      Last edited by MarillionFan; 14 March 2010, 07:48.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I am glum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I can post from four IP addresses in two minutes without the use of proxies, and am happy to do so for admin's benefit if doing so proves that you can easily be MF's sockpuppet no matter what the IPs are.

Frankly, I don't really care if you're MF's sockpuppet or not (although I suspect you are). I'd be happy to assist in anything that sees you, MF, minestrone, and all the other trolls banned from this forum.

You people need help for your deep psychological issues, not somewhere you can play them out. You are sick, and allowing you to indulge your sickness here harms both CUK and yourself/yourselves.

Get a life.
          But I liked this post.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I can post from four IP addresses in two minutes without the use of proxies, and am happy to do so for admin's benefit if doing so proves that you can easily be MF's sockpuppet no matter what the IPs are.

Frankly, I don't really care if you're MF's sockpuppet or not (although I suspect you are). I'd be happy to assist in anything that sees you, MF, minestrone, and all the other trolls banned from this forum.

You people need help for your deep psychological issues, not somewhere you can play them out. You are sick, and allowing you to indulge your sickness here harms both CUK and yourself/yourselves.

Get a life.
            and there ladies and gentlemen is the real reason this debate is still in the headlines. Nick has an ulterior motive to have posters he dislikes banned. This is obviously the driver behind the whole 'Cyber Bullying' debate. Plain to see where the real bullying is coming from.

I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              and there ladies and gentlemen is the real reason this debate is still in the headlines. Nick has an ulterior motive to have posters he dislikes banned. This is obviously the driver behind the whole 'Cyber Bullying' debate. Plain to see where the real bullying is coming from.

I rest my case.
              I don't like you either and want to see you banned.

HTH

Edit: The poll indicates to me that there are plenty of others on here that are fed up with the trolling as well. But then again I wouldn't expect you to take the hint and crawl back under the stone you came from.

Comment

In this context, I mean "Tay - stop poking fun at NickFitz, it's boring".

MF - I do not have the power to check for Sock Puppets. ( As far as I know ). I think it is an admin thing. I don't like threads that descend into - they're dull. Tensions seem to be rather high at the moment, so I'm trying to keep a light touch. So banning anyone is a last resort for me. But given time, I'm sure it will become first. :-)

Now - I'm going to church, so play nicely while I'm gone, or next time I'll put you in the Sunday School...
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In this context, I mean "Tay - stop poking fun at NickFitz, it's boring".

MF - I do not have the power to check for Sock Puppets. ( As far as I know ). I think it is an admin thing. I don't like threads that descend into - they're dull. Tensions seem to be rather high at the moment, so I'm trying to keep a light touch. So banning anyone is a last resort for me. But given time, I'm sure it will become first. :-)

Now - I'm going to church, so play nicely while I'm gone, or next time I'll put you in the Sunday School...
                  See you later then.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I don't like you either and want to see you banned.

HTH
                    Suityou. I have placed up on two threads a counter argument to the whole Trolling/Cyber Bullying rubbsih.

You of course have continued to post replies which in my opinion are nonsense, lack any construct or sign of cohesive argument.

I think it is plain for all to see who the real 'trolls' are.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Suityou. I have placed up on two threads a counter argument to the whole Trolling/Cyber Bullying rubbsih.

You of course have continued to post replies which in my opinion are nonsense, lack any construct or sign of cohesive argument.

I think it is plain for all to see who the real 'trolls' are.
                      Really? How is the poll lacking in construct and cohesion?

Man you bore the tulip out of me

Comment

Working...
                      X