• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seeking asylum from Canada

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
    Most Asylum seekers are just economic migrants who see the grass is greener ....... Fact.
    Link? or just more made up bollocks?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      We clearly have different views on it - for me having family killed themselves with their son after traveling half the world is more important than actual reason why they had to leave Canada.
      I agree.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Perhaps you ought to reserve judgment until you establish just WHY they were hoofed out of Canada.
      Nope - the fact that they felt that jumping 15 storeys was the only way out is a tragedy, whatever their background.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        The ridiculous situation is that the UK is accepting refugees from these two EU countries but the UK does not protest in the European parliament about the illegal way these two countries treats Russian speakers.
        The UK accepts 0 refugees from EU states each year. As a citizen of the EU, there is no concept of requiring asylum within another EU state.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          the fact that they felt that jumping 15 storeys was the only way out is a tragedy, whatever their background.
          Quite correct. However, the original point AtW made was that minestrone showed no compassion. IMHO he merely prompted a question relating to why Asylum had been declined here. He did not disclose his feelings either way, but AtW immediately went on the offensive...........as he does, despite not having all the facts............as he does.

HTH
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            He did not disclose his feelings either way
            He disclosed his complete lack of feelings by choosing to focus on many reasons why they may have had to leave Canada.

There are plenty of asylum seekers making up total BS lies about all sort of things, however I don't see many of them back it up by jumping off a tower block with whole family.

It's NOT about being refused asylum - this country does not owe a living, however it is very sad when such tragedies happens and it makes me angry that there are way too many ****s like ministrone who fail to appreciate it.

Comment

Yes, I intended in making the point that this will be used as a reason to incorrectly give people asylum as they will now all be threatening to jump out of windows.

The usual suspects are already out saying how this is the goverment's fault when really it boils down to the suicidal tendancies of a serial abuser of the asylum system. It is best to keep emotions out of these decisions

Comment

Do you know how many refugees come from those countries compared to others? I'd be surprised if they are in top 10.

Most of people you describe got now EU passports and travel freely - they don't need asylum bollox and they certainly would prefer EU passport to Russian passport even though many hold both.

No they don't. They have a special Aliens Passports"

Aliens passport

Two new EU member states, Estonia and Latvia, have a total of about half a million former Soviet citizens who have not wanted, or known how to choose a nationality after the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
                Along with Estonia, the EU will get, in addition to nearly a million Estonians, 86,000 permanent residents with Russian passports, and 168,000 holders of aliens’ passports. In Latvia the number of non-citizens is even greater - about 322,000 Russians.
                According to Russia, Estonia and Latvia violate the rights of minorities. This year it has complained about the issue to the Unite d Nations Commission on Human rights in Geneva, the Organisation on Security and Cooperation in Europe, the European Parliament, and the Council of Europe.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  The UK accepts 0 refugees from EU states each year. As a citizen of the EU, there is no concept of requiring asylum within another EU state.
                  Bollox
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

They don't want to learn language, culture, integrate in society - funnily enough they don't want to go back live in Russia even though it's just across the border.

I believe majority of them did the right thing - did learn the language, passed exams and got EU passport. There are still those who would not or can not - tough luck - you can't expect to be a citizen and refuse to speak local language especially considering history of occupation of Baltic states - Russians who moved there 50 years ago were effectively colonists designed to mix up local population in order to get firmer grip on the colony.

Comment

They don't want to learn language, culture, integrate in society - you can't expect to be a citizen and refuse to speak local language
                      Unless, of course, you come over here. We will then chip in and ensure you have a suitable translator in order that you don't miss out on any benefits that you are entitled to.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X