• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seeking asylum from Canada

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    The fact that they have killed themselves is irrelevant to this discussion.
    We clearly have different views on it - for me having family killed themselves with their son after traveling half the world is more important than actual reason why they had to leave Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      We clearly have different views on it - for me having family killed themselves with their son after traveling half the world is more important than actual reason why they had to leave Canada.
      Perhaps you ought to reserve judgment until you establish just WHY they were hoofed out of Canada.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

But they ran away from their homeland because they were 'persecuted'. Were then given a chance in Canada which they blew, they then ran off to the UK. I mean how much are we meant to bend over for these people. Sometimes there are losers in life, and nature has a way of dealing with them. Sad but true. Darwin even came up with a theory for it.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Perhaps you ought to reserve judgment until you establish just WHY they were hoofed out of Canada.
          It's a tragedy when family kills themselves by jumping off an effing huge tower block WITH THEIR SON.

What possible can change my judgment on that it is a tragedy? Even if they were Goebbels's family that would still be tragedy when children die.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
            Darwin even came up with a theory for it.
            Animals don't suicide themselves with their children. Your analogy is complete in appropriate, especially given that humans are meant to be better than animals.

It's not 2 adults who killed themselves - they took their son with them, and THAT makes it aweful tragedy.

Comment

It's a tragedy when family kills themselves by jumping off an effing huge tower block WITH THEIR SON.

What possible can change my judgment on that it is a tragedy? Even if they were Goebbels's family that would still be tragedy when children die.
              You dont much about the case then.

No child died.

Look it up.

Comment

"We've been told that the father, mother and adult son were seeking asylum from Canada which they had left after making bizarre claims about plots against them.

"The plots were said to involve senior politicians and the use of psychotronic weapons to alter their minds.
                "After leaving Canada - where they had actually been granted asylum - they travelled through Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Bremen, Barcelona and Dublin before arriving in the UK in November 2007.
                Sounds like they were a ticking time bomb in terms of irrationality. Great shame it ended that way, but cannot see what case they could have made for being realistically granted asylum here. Not like we are short of basket cases of our own.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Sounds like they were a ticking time bomb in terms of irrationality. Great shame it ended that way, but cannot see what case they could have made for being realistically granted asylum here. Not like we are short of basket cases of our own.
                  A few less nutters in the world cant be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
                    You dont much about the case then.

No child died.

Look it up.

From BBC link posted:

"Russian family 'jumped to deaths' from Glasgow flats

Three people who plunged to their deaths from a multi-storey flat in Glasgow were a Russian family seeking asylum in the UK, the BBC understands.

The father, mother and son had been granted asylum in Canada but left after a dispute with the authorities there.

Their application to remain in the UK had recently been refused but they had not been issued with a removal order.

The apparent triple suicide happened on Sunday at the Red Road flats complex in the Springburn area of the city. "

Am I wrong to assume son was among those 3, if not who was the 3rd person, random ?

Son appears to be adult, but still it's pretty ****ed up when parents do it, small or grown up - having parents kill whole family like this is terrible in my book.

Comment

From BBC link posted:

"Russian family 'jumped to deaths' from Glasgow flats

Three people who plunged to their deaths from a multi-storey flat in Glasgow were a Russian family seeking asylum in the UK, the BBC understands.

The father, mother and son had been granted asylum in Canada but left after a dispute with the authorities there.

Their application to remain in the UK had recently been refused but they had not been issued with a removal order.

The apparent triple suicide happened on Sunday at the Red Road flats complex in the Springburn area of the city. "

Am I wrong to assume son was among those 3, if not who was the 3rd person, random ?
                      Jesus Christ ........... ok quick lesson for you.

An 80 year old man is the SON of someone.

Geez ..........

Rather than make a fool of yourself, why not do everyone a favour and give the age of this 'son' and then once youre done tell me how that age fits in with societys notion of a 'child'.

I shall look forward to your answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X