• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seeking asylum from Canada

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
    Asylum is for people who are in desperate straits, whose lives are in imminent danger.

Not for people to be swanning around the world picking which country they'd like to live in.
    Yes I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Would it have altered your opinion if the asylum seekers were not from Russia but from, say, Somalia ?
      I would not have altered my view on this one, no - nationality is irrelevant when family makes such decision to kill themselves by jumping down from tower block and take their son with them.

Note here - I am not saying UK is guilty of not giving them asylum, what I am saying is that in such tragic circumstances trying to act like a **** ministrone is very unBritish in my view, frankly it is inhuman.

Comment

I think weve just saved the government a bit of money in repatriation costs.
        This attitude may case a bit of money but cost a lot in humanity.

If Govt wanted to save a LOT of money it would make lots of healthy young men on the dole actually WORK for their money.

Comment

Most Asylum seekers are just economic migrants who see the grass is greener ....... Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            This attitude may case a bit of money but cost a lot in humanity.

If Govt wanted to save a LOT of money it would make lots of healthy young men on the dole actually WORK for their money.

Do not try to deviate the topic here. The topic on the table is why asylum seekers chose to come to UK when they were granted asylum in Canada. The fact that they have killed themselves is irrelevant to this discussion.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Most Asylum seekers are just economic migrants who see the grass is greener ....... NOT Fact.
              FTFY
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                FTFY
                It is fact. Look at the numbers who dont get granted asylum .........

But I spose you can back YOUR argument up cant you?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Note here - I am not saying UK is guilty of not giving them asylum, what I am saying is that in such tragic circumstances trying to act like a **** ministrone is very unBritish in my view, frankly it is inhuman.
                  As you said they are dead and that precludes me from being inhuman in the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    As you said they are dead and that precludes me from being inhuman in the circumstances.
                    there goes the thread ........

I like a bit of

Comment

what if they smoked some strong spliff and thought they could fly!!

Comment

Working...
                      X