• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone done anything stupid today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I signed up for a half marathon. Yikes!
    I signed up for a Paris to Geneva cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Sounds like a keeper!
      Revenge has arrived...

Apparently the cleaners haven't been doing a good enough job, so she's taken it into her head to set about cleaning the bookshelves in my office.

It'll take weeks before I get everything back to its ordered disorder.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I did that in the West End, and the machine whisked it back in before any scrote could grab it.
        It was early in the morning, in a small village, on a an old machine. I grabbed a coffee round the corner and only when I came to pay did I realise I missed out the crucial step but by then, perhaps 2 minutes later, the money had gone. I waited until the bank opened but when I told them that I'd heard that's what cash machines do, and that's why I was waiting for them, they looked at me as if in disbelief that I could be so naive. Complete myth, they said, Someone's lucky day!

Taking another £100 out made me think how much stuff I do whilst in dreamland, leaving a lot of it to what I thought was my trusty auto-pilot.

Comment

Today we shall be buying a christmas tree- which will not look overly large when set against the background of all the other trees on offer, however when it is delivered it will fill the living room and appear to have doubled in size.

It happens every year
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Today we shall be buying a christmas tree- which will not look overly large when set against the background of all the other trees on offer, however when it is delivered it will fill the living room and appear to have doubled in size.

It happens every year
            Buy a tree with roots. They're always small and they live after Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              Buy a tree with roots. They're always small and they live after Christmas.
              Oh no they dont
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                Oh no they dont
                Actually I'll give you that one. Robert the Spruce (2007) made it until February and unnamed (2008) made it till mid-March which was when he was planted in the gf's garden.

Comment

Forgot to add that they are still small which does solve your problem (at twice the cost).

Comment

Working...
                  X