• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone done anything stupid today?"

Collapse

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Forgot to add that they are still small which does solve your problem (at twice the cost).

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Oh no they dont
    Actually I'll give you that one. Robert the Spruce (2007) made it until February and unnamed (2008) made it till mid-March which was when he was planted in the gf's garden.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Buy a tree with roots. They're always small and they live after Christmas.
    Oh no they dont

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Today we shall be buying a christmas tree- which will not look overly large when set against the background of all the other trees on offer, however when it is delivered it will fill the living room and appear to have doubled in size.

It happens every year
    Buy a tree with roots. They're always small and they live after Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Today we shall be buying a christmas tree- which will not look overly large when set against the background of all the other trees on offer, however when it is delivered it will fill the living room and appear to have doubled in size.

It happens every year

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I did that in the West End, and the machine whisked it back in before any scrote could grab it.
    It was early in the morning, in a small village, on a an old machine. I grabbed a coffee round the corner and only when I came to pay did I realise I missed out the crucial step but by then, perhaps 2 minutes later, the money had gone. I waited until the bank opened but when I told them that I'd heard that's what cash machines do, and that's why I was waiting for them, they looked at me as if in disbelief that I could be so naive. Complete myth, they said, Someone's lucky day!

Taking another £100 out made me think how much stuff I do whilst in dreamland, leaving a lot of it to what I thought was my trusty auto-pilot.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Sounds like a keeper!
    Revenge has arrived...

Apparently the cleaners haven't been doing a good enough job, so she's taken it into her head to set about cleaning the bookshelves in my office.

It'll take weeks before I get everything back to its ordered disorder.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I signed up for a half marathon. Yikes!
    I signed up for a Paris to Geneva cycle.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I did something stupid yesterday. And now I've got a headache.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I wrote this:

Code:
    double angle = atan(y2-y1)/(x2-x1);
    And then spent ages trying to hunt down the bug that I was convinced was in the rest of the code.

True story.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Then the good news is that you have died and gone to Heaven.
    LOL! i wish!

i'm just shocked at what passes as amusement these days

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    I'm really a teenage boy trapped in a woman's body.
    Then the good news is that you have died and gone to Heaven. You jammy sod.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 11 December 2009, 22:59.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    i'm a lazy bored student so i look for ways to waste time...looking up rude words on this

http://www.orbilat.com/Languages/Fre...ncensored.html

then listening them being said here

http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

i know, i'm really a teenage boy trapped in a woman's body

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I went to a funeral today, an aunt-in-law. I and the deceased woman's daughters were chatting to the vicar outside the crem and I piped up with how their mother liked to play "corks", (a game like musical chairs except you had to grab a cork from the table and the person who didn't get one was out), and said she had sharp nails and usually cut someone or other.

The vicar said "Oh, I must learn to play that" and I said "Yeah, luckily you're safe now." There was an awkward silence until I excused myself.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    I got out of bed this morning, oh how I hate winter. Big mistake

Leave a comment:

Working...
X