• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You either love him or hate him...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
    Heard it this morning... same old same old, no progression from his previous stuff. He still has good sound engineers though, just a shame about the originality...
    He was dire live at Knebworth and I wouldn't expect him to be any different now...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      He was dire live at Knebworth and I wouldn't expect him to be any different now...
      I watched that on tv and he sounded great
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        I'll settle for hate I think.

He has a face you could never tire of punching.
        WHS. I stopped listening to my local radio station when it became non-stop RW. Sod the traffic reports; getting stuck in a jam was less painful.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I thought he wrote a lot of his own music/girly pop songs.
          He co wrote some songs with the guy who wrote the music, the one he sacked and never had a bit hit since.
          Co wrote when he can't play an instrument means he wrote some lyrics.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Ok, he has a good voice and Guy Chambers wrote him some nice songs but it was just the way he was reinvented after leaving that god awful tap dancing troupe that got me. I remember seeing an interview with him when he said that he grew up listening to Iggy Pop - oh yeah? That's what inspired you to join Take That was it? he was also voted top British Rock artist of the 90s in some poll. That stuck in my craw too; pop yes, but rock? C'mon - a gram of whizz and he checks into the Priory!

Comment

It is standard industry practice for an established star when choosing to use a song by a small writer to ask for half of the royalties. The star's management would never allow a full album to go out of the star singing 10 songs written by other people because they would make bugger all dosh. That is why you get people like Williams turning out albums with 10 songs where he has 'co written' most of the songs.

Robbie Williams wrote bugger all of any of his hits no matter what he says.

Elvis asked to get half the royalties for 'I will always love you' by Dolly Parton before she was famous. Dolly said no and was told that it was the biggest mistake of her life. She has now made millions and millions off that decision.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of his original work since his first solo stuff (Millenium, Angels, etc)... the new single is slightly more interesting but nothing too special.

However he's a talented singer & performer... and diversifying into non-pop stuff with the swing album was rather nice as it gave him a chance to stretch himself vocally.

He seems like less of a smug idiot these days, but I am wondering if he's actually gone mad. He did an interview with Moyles this week and was talking about his song causing spoons to bend - and I really could not tell if he was being serious.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The swing album never even got released in the USA it was that gash.

That swing obsessed Freddie Munster look alike from the X Factor could have done something better.

Comment

I did like him at the time but, a bit like with Elton Bog, I realise it's Chambers (or Taupin in Bog's case) I was really appreciating.

He can sing properly - witness all the wannabe attempts at "Angels" for the proof, but he hasn't done anything worthwhile for ages.

So I don't either love or hate him. As a bloke he comes across as a cocky tosser but I don't expect I'll be seeing him in my local so that's largely irrelevant.

Comment

He's a product, nothing more. He has the same level of cultural relevance and artistic significance as Barry Scott off the Cillit Bang ads.

Comment

Working...
                      X