• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Columbian hostages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columbian hostages

Ok you're taken hostage in Columbia. Who by isn't important, let's call them F.A.R.K.
    You're taken to the middle of the jungle. Is it better to stay where you are and hope for rescue or try to escape?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

This site was so much better in the old days

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Ok you're taken hostage in Columbia. Who by isn't important, let's call them F.A.R.K.
      You're taken to the middle of the jungle. Is it better to stay where you are and hope for rescue or try to escape?
      Us newbies will only have heard the myth and legend of the original columbian hostages thread told throughout CUK history.

You will be disappointed in the 2009 remake I can promise you.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        This site was so much better in the old days
        Indeed.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ok you're taken hostage in Columbia.
          Do you mean in South Carolina, or the ex-space shuttle?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            The new actors just don't match up...
            How do you know? Some of them haven't appeared yet.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was in the 'run while you can' camp
              but I think we lost IIRC

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Are you hoping for a discussion on the topic, or on how the old board was better?

In anticipation of an answer of the former, I reckon it depends on if you can get a knife & how much jungle training you've had.

If I were a permie man-manager, accustomed to the sitting behind a desk all day and posting on internet forums, I'd stick with the gunmen.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  If I were a permie man-manager, accustomed to the sitting behind a desk all day and posting on internet forums, I'd stick with the gunmen.
                  As opposed to being a dynamic contractor with jungle-traversing skills eh?

I would take off - it's in my nature.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

As opposed to being a dynamic contractor with jungle-traversing skills eh?
                    Exactly
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X