• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Columbian hostages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how many would succumb to the Stockholm syndrome before escape / release?

Comment

Didn't someone post a linky to the original the other week?

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        I wonder how many would succumb to the Stockholm syndrome before escape / release?
        The typical contractor persona, i.e. lack of people skills and I am better than everyone else attitude would result in a machine gun to the head before Stockholm had a chance to kick in.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
          I would, if they were dishing out some colombian finest

Comment

Hang around for a bit, wait for the Stockholm syndrome to kick in, gain their trust, nick their coke stash and leg it.

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
              Hang around for a bit, wait for the Stockholm syndrome to kick in, gain their trust, nick their coke stash and leg it.
              Bad move. And give them an even bigger incentive to chase you through the jungle.

Nil point.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sit tight unless in obvious or immediate danger, at which point leg it and hope the jungle doesnt get you instead.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Bad move. And give them an even bigger incentive to chase you through the jungle.

Nil point.
                  even if I do that walking backwards trick?

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                    even if I do that walking backwards trick?
                    you cant walk backwards through the jungle. health an safety
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      you cant walk backwards through the jungle. health an safety

'Elf & Safey innit
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X