• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paid £400 A Day - Recruiter Charging Client £550 - Feel Raped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be daft. You have just found out there is another £150/day that you didn't know about sloshing around in the system. You should be happy at the possibility of trying to get some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
      How on earth is this possible????

How can a recruiter take 40% of my salary for just placing me??

Yes it is my first contract but this is a serious piss take!!!
      Get a grip. You probably wet yourself when you were offered £400 a day in the first place. Do you even know how the contracting game works?

Comment

Did we all become pro-agents all of a sudden? Did I miss a meeting or something?

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who was surprised when I learnt how much margin the agents were making all those years ago on my first contract.

Only slightly less surprised when on a subsequent contract to learn that agents will lie to you and tell you that they only make 10% and later to find out that it was nearer 25%.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
          Did we all become pro-agents all of a sudden? Did I miss a meeting or something?

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who was surprised when I learnt how much margin the agents were making all those years ago on my first contract.

Only slightly less surprised when on a subsequent contract to learn that agents will lie to you and tell you that they only make 10% and later to find out that it was nearer 25%.

Agents lie????

Comment

An agent's commission is transparent in all other trades e.g. estate agent
            so why not in the recruitment industry.
            Its easy to say if you were not happy with rate don't take it but in this market how many people have that luxury ?

Comment

My agents mostly make 20%+ out of me but I'm quite happy about that.

They find me work, they pay me even when the client is late paying, and they negotiate and deal with contractual matters.

Plus a nice meal every few months.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                For a first contract, you generally have to drop your rate. However I think the OP's attitude and sense of entitlement is what got peoples backs up.

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                  For a first contract, you generally have to drop your rate. However I think the OP's attitude and sense of entitlement is what got peoples backs up.
                  i think it was the rape comment. Completely over the top to compare something so traumatic and criminal with a sexual misdemeanor

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    i think it was the rape comment. Completely over the top to compare something so traumatic and criminal with a sexual misdemeanor

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      No, this is a serious piss take: Paid £150 A Day - Recruiter Charging Client £650
                      For real? Yowser.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X