• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paid £400 A Day - Recruiter Charging Client £550 - Feel Raped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    For real? Yowser.
    Yes. It was in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      An agent's commission is transparent in all other trades e.g. estate agent
      'Fraid not.

Estate agents (and some conveyancing solicitors) are roughly on a par with recruitment agents for lying and that includes the purchase price / sale price of property. They can, and do, in collusion with solicitors, lie to each party and steal a wedge from the middle.

I sell a house to you for £100,000

You buy it for £110,000

They steal the bit in the middle. It happens every day.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
        Did we all become pro-agents all of a sudden? Did I miss a meeting or something?
        It happened when all the younger gullible types took over the board.

The old ones still know when they are being had.

The young ones believe everything the pimps spin 'em. It's the 'Kirsty and Phil' generation...

Comment

The OP wouldnt have got the extra £150 a day or even 50% of it anyway so I dont see what the fuss is about.

He was happy with the rate he was getting in the first place so he should shut the **** up and learn from it.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Don't be daft. You have just found out there is another £150/day that you didn't know about sloshing around in the system. You should be happy at the possibility of trying to get some of it.
            WHS. You have plenty of ammunition now to negotiate a nice uplift at renewal time. But I still don't understand why so many contractors on here are giving you such a hard time. A 27% cut is far too high, I'm amazed the client agreed to it, in these hard times I think agencies are v lucky to get 20% and most will accept 15%. I've been on the bench for some time but don't have any of the obvious jealousy displayed by some other posters on here...., so good luck with the re-negotiation.

Comment

Learn what though? Its not as though you can get them to drop their margins unless you know what they are. Thieving bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
                WHS. You have plenty of ammunition now to negotiate a nice uplift at renewal time. But I still don't understand why so many contractors on here are giving you such a hard time. A 27% cut is far too high, I'm amazed the client agreed to it, in these hard times I think agencies are v lucky to get 20% and most will accept 15%. I've been on the bench for some time but don't have any of the obvious jealousy displayed by some other posters on here...., so good luck with the re-negotiation.
                And what makes you think the client agreed to it ?

what makes you think the client is even aware of it ?

what makes you think the client understands the market ?

what makes you think the client even cares ?

what makes you think the comments here are driven by jealousy ?

Lastly - believe me, the OP is NOT getting a hard time.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sorry mate but comments such as "feel raped over a £400 a day rate" in this economy is a bit much. Hopefully in the usual three months they will realise you are a bit of a prat and the job will be back on the market!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    And what makes you think the client agreed to it ?

what makes you think the client is even aware of it ?

what makes you think the client understands the market ?

what makes you think the client even cares ?

what makes you think the comments here are driven by jealousy ?

Lastly - believe me, the OP is NOT getting a hard time.

Beacuse if the client is paying £550 a day then they most likely are Financial Services or Banking. The vast majority of these have a Preferred Supplier List. If they have a PSL they will have pre-agreed with those on the list what their cut is going to be, which will be in the 15-20% range. Believe it or not the Raison D'Etre of the Client is not to make agency directors rich.

I am frequently now asked in interviews what rate I am looking for as the clients are so used to the agencies trying to take the p**s. They don't want to be paying an extra £50 a day if they don't need to. I am constantly surprised by how many managers I come across manage the Companies money as if it were their own.

Jealousy because some comments seem to have the theme "count yourself lucky to be earning that much". Maybe it was his tone which upset people.

Comment

Yeah, that and the fact that he was being raped - a very nasty analogy.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X