• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

While my tattoo gently weeps...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSS...

I refer my learned counsel to my previous post...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      No no no, not all the WC are chavs, that'd be silly. Chav's are a template which can apply to any social demographic.

As for my adoption at birth, I was shocked to learn of my potential beginnings, but mighty glad I was adopted. Chav at heart ? I could easily have been, and that's a scary and shameful thought.
      I think you are a terrible snob. You should try taking people as you find them for a change rather than sterotyping people in boxes of scum, based on their appearance alone.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

If we could force scabies into pictures and nice patterns we would not need tattoos. I should be able to download from a memory stick in my ear and make my nose or lunchbox any size I want. This genetic engineering is rubbish.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          If we could force scabies into pictures and nice patterns we would not need tattoos. I should be able to download from a memory stick in my ear and make my nose or lunchbox any size I want. This genetic engineering is rubbish.
          Is this the real world you were hoping for?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Can we assume you are not a member?

Can't you leave people to their own beliefs?
            Is Masonism a belief now? I thought it was just people feeling superior they're in some club with silly rules. Much like American college fraternities perhaps?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              There is a difference between chav tatoos and body art. I'm surprised at BGG's response given he is supposed to be into alternative music. As for old people with tatoos, well possibly they were Punks? Is that a sad thing, to my mind being normal and safe is sad.
              Now who's stereotyping...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Are there some masons on here? The wife wants a doorway bricked up. Mail me if interested.
                bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tattoos are old hat anyway. The latest fashion apparently is to have old machine parts inserted into the skin. Engine parts from a Triumph Herald are particularly fashionable. Daughter of a neighbour of mine has a carburettor in the back of her neck, looks great.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Oh FFS! Such silly attitudes make me want to go and get a strange piercing or something. Jeez - a bit of metal or ink in your body is hardly the end of the world.
                    You might not think it's attractive but surely it does not define the person?
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Oh FFS! Such silly attitudes make me want to go and get a strange piercing or something. Jeez - a bit of metal or ink in your body is hardly the end of the world.
                      You might not think it's attractive but surely it does not define the person?
                      Define the person? No, but it does shape peoples opinions.

Let's face it first impressions are quite significant, it's well known that people make snap judgements on what they see before a person speaks a word.

I do admit that my dislike of tattoo's is probably a function of my upbringing and generation and despite them having become thoroughly mainstream I do find them almost universally unattractive. I even admit that it's a bigoted (sp?) attitude, but the more I see them the less I generally like them. I also dislike facial piercings as again I think they look ugly.

Comment

Working...
                      X