• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winkers who go to work with Swine Flu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Yet another good reason to employ contractors over permies.
    What, that they don't pay the contractors, or that the contractors refuse to stay home?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Ah, but in the long term you may save them cash as the next time the virus appears they are all unscathed due to the immunity they develop this time.
      How many times do we have to go round this... you don't develop an immunity to flu, only to a specific strain. That's why people can catch flu every year or even multiple times a year, even if they have the winter flu-jab. Flu is NOT like chicken pox.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        What, that they don't pay the contractors, or that the contractors refuse to stay home?
        Both.

Comment

well, you can always insure yourself against loss of income due to illness. I pay £65/month into a plan where I get £100/day for each day I'm off ill. Not anywhere near the £400+ rate I get for working but it's a comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
            well, you can always insure yourself against loss of income due to illness. I pay £65/month into a plan where I get £100/day for each day I'm off ill. Not anywhere near the £400+ rate I get for working but it's a comfort.
            How do you prove you are ill?

Comment

How do you prove you are ill?
              you and your GP fill in a claim form each
              for swine flu though they tell you not to go to your GP on the swine flu information line so there's no GP to fill in their form this time. I think they're ok with that.

Comment

you and your GP fill in a claim form each
                for swine flu though they tell you not to go to your GP on the swine flu information line so there's no GP to fill in their form this time. I think they're ok with that.
                So you have to go to your GP even for a day off?

And if you know the correct answers to the flu questions over the phone you can get a couple of weeks off?

Comment

So you have to go to your GP even for a day off?

And if you know the correct answers to the flu questions over the phone you can get a couple of weeks off?
                  well I've not made a claim yet not seen the form also, ask them

Comment

well I've not made a claim yet not seen the form also, ask them
                    What is the name of the plan?

Comment

What is the name of the plan?
                      see here
                      http://www.dengen.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X