• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How intelligent are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    your IQ is much higher than Richard Feynman's.
    So what? I'm bigger than Neil Back, but he got umpty caps for England and won a world cup.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I have taken the MENSA tests and am apparently in the top 1%.

Does that make me evil?

I will admit that I am not a saint, but I am not malevolent. I even carefuly scoop-up insects and spiders at home and release them outside, rather than squash them.

Comment

Anyone on this thread who claims to be intelligent due to a high score on an "IQ" test has, in fact, proved the exact opposite.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Anyway, what value does an intelligence test have if the person sitting the test is brainier than the people who set the questions?
          Some, potentially, but it is an interesting challenge for the setter. A bit like testing something that you didn't create, perhaps?

Comment

Anyone on this thread who claims to be intelligent due to a high score on an "IQ" test has, in fact, proved the exact opposite.

HTH
            Would you care to share with us a method that you consider to be more satisfactory?

Comment

HTH
              I think I made it quite clear that a high score on an IQ test, means you are good at IQ tests and nothing more.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
                Would you care to share with us a method that you consider to be more satisfactory?
                There isn't one, so far. "Intelligence" is such a multi-faceted, non-linear, fluid-over-time concept that Binet's IQ test is much too simplistic.
                The fact that so many Mensa members seem to be such non-achieving misfits, in general, should alert anyone to the inadequacies of said test.
                Actually I would say that anyone who is financially successful, family-stable, socially popular with their peers and resilient demonstrates high intelligence.
                Last edited by sasguru; 20 May 2009, 11:36.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

There isn't one, so far. "Intelligence" is such a multi-faceted, non-linear, fluid-over-time concept that Binet's IQ test is much too simplistic.
                  The fact that so many Mensa members seem to be such non-achieving misfits, in general, should alert anyone to the inadequacies of said test.
                  Actually I would say that anyone who is financially successful, family-stable, socially popular with their peers and resilient demonstrates high intelligence.
                  So - no one on here then
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    So - no one on here then
                    No. Apart from me

BTW I score highly on the crappy tests, too.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

There is now.

Simply subtract given answers from 10 to calculate your IQ quotient. Well done to those that scored themselves 1, you are geniuses

Comment

Working...
                      X