• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How intelligent are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    There was a story about a guy doing an IQ test as part of a job application. Out of the room full of applicants he was last to complete the test. The external invigilator picked up the pile of tests and told him he was too slow.
    He asked imperiously 'Do you know who I am?' 'no i dont'
    The chap shoved his paper into the pile, tipped it on the floor then ran out

allegedly
    My tactic in those tests was to finish first and instead of using the time to diligently check the answers as most others do, just demonstrably put down my pen, close the papers and sit there looking smug with a little smirk on my face to psyche out the other candidates. It worked a treat. Just try it some day, see the nervous glances and sweaty foreheads and smile at people. Actually one employer recognized my tactic in one of those stuffy rooms you sit in to do the tests and complimented me on it, saying he’d done the same thing himself. He hired me.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      My tactic in those tests was to finish first and instead of using the time to diligently check the answers as most others do, just demonstrably put down my pen, close the papers and sit there looking smug with a little smirk on my face to psyche out the other candidates. It worked a treat. Just try it some day, see the nervous glances and sweaty foreheads and smile. Actually one employer recognized my tactic in one of those stuffy rooms you sit in to do the tests and complimented me on it, saying he’d done the same thing himself. He hired me.
      You too huh?
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        You too huh?
        Is it evil?

Comment

My tactic in those tests was to finish first and instead of using the time to diligently check the answers as most others do, just demonstrably put down my pen, close the papers and sit there looking smug with a little smirk on my face to psyche out the other candidates. It worked a treat. Just try it some day, see the nervous glances and sweaty foreheads and smile at people. Actually one employer recognized my tactic in one of those stuffy rooms you sit in to do the tests and complimented me on it, saying he’d done the same thing himself. He hired me.
          There's a flaw in this tactic ...
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            There's a flaw in this tactic ...
            Not if you've got the right answers.

Comment

Is it evil?
              yes.
              what about this.
              I go in and dont answer ANY of the questions. I draw a big X on the paper and write 'this is the bravest thing I have ever done' , then I sit and look VERY smug.
              I always get hired because they admire my balls

allegedly
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                yes.
                what about this.
                I go in and dont answer ANY of the questions. I draw a big X on the paper and write 'this is the bravest thing I have ever done' , then I sit and look VERY smug.
                I always get hired because they admire my balls

allegedly
                Why are you naked from the waist down?
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Not if you've got the right answers.
                  True. Maybe. Then again maybe not. Ya cheeky wee fckr.

Actually I reckon speed of thought is as important in many jobs as being clever.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Found this on wikipedia - Andyw was Profoundly Mentally Retarded

I.Q. Range Intelligence Classification
                    1-24 Profound Mental Retardation
                    25–39 Severe Mental Retardation
                    40–54 Moderate Mental Retardation
                    55–69 Mild Mental Retardation
                    70–84 Borderline Mental Retardation
                    85-114 Average Intelligence
                    115-129 Bright
                    130-144 Moderately Gifted
                    145-159 Highly Gifted
                    160-175 Exceptionally Gifted
                    Over 175 Profoundly Gifted
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                      Why are you naked from the waist down?
                      I'm not, just dressed from the waist up

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X