• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was the FIRST gig you saw?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    rem @ stirling castle mid 90's - it was awesome
    Stranglers, Glasgow Apollo, 1979 - good wholesome entertainment for an impressionable young lad

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      What was the FIRST gig you saw?
      Computer Weekly, job ads, 1983, COBOL Programmer, Bahamas, 100,000 US$ per annum, tax free, 12 month contract.

So I went to college to do Computer Studies.

I'm still waiting for that advert to come up again.

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      Mine was the Who at Bingley hall Stafford.
      Oh, I see. That sort of gig.

Some dodgy brass band in Broomfield Park, London circa 1976.
      If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

Pink Floyd, Electric Garden, Glasgow, 1969. They only had 2 albums out by then so they played stuff like Interstellar Overdrive.

Comment

Mungo Jerry or Curved Air at the Lees Cliff Hall Folkestone in the mid 70s.

Led Zeppelin at Knebworth in 79. My parents wouldn't let me travel to London to see them in 75.

Comment

Stranglers , Crawley Leisure Centre , 1979. Bit of an eye opener for a twelve year old

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Cor.

Curved Air...
              Oh yes! I was up against the stage and oggled Sonia thoughout. She even laid her wand on my head.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
                Oh yes! I was up against the stage and oggled Sonia thoughout. She even laid her wand on my head.
                Never saw them, but I met their roadie later after he had gone into IT.

Paras, Curved Air roadie, then COBOL programmer. I think I'd feel it was an anticlimax, so to speak.

Comment

Neil Diamond at Wembley sometime in the early eighties (about '82 I think).

I went with some older friends and was expecting it to be a bit rubbish, but he was actually really good - if a little glittery !
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Hawkwind, Silver Machine tour
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Guns 'N' Roses - Milton Keynes Rose Bowl ('94) - awesome.
                      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X