• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently drinking ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Wink is third from the top in the first col.

I'm sure they've had a shuffle around.

I think I may have plumbed a new depth in inaneness: "Please can you find the wink smiley for me, lol, plzkthxbai"
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 10 August 2009, 14:24. Reason: Not l33t nuff 4 u
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

I'm sure they've had a shuffle around.

I think I may have plumbed a new depth in inaneness: "Please can you find the wink smiley for me, lol, plzkthxbai"
      Don't flatter yourself. There's far too much competition around
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

<BackOnTopic>

A long, condensation covered pint of Oakleys Pear cider over ice. Crisp, not overly sickly and actually tastes of Pears (unlike the Bulmers, Magners, Kopperberg and Gaymers offerings). Under £1.50 a bottle, only from Tesco.

Excellent!

Cheers!

</BackOnTopic>
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Following the cider theme, except is IS cider, not perry-incorrectly-called-cider, Weston's 1880 Anniversary Cider. 8.2%

It is a connoisseur's cider but I'd only give it 8/10 because of the after-taste.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Weston's Special Reserve. 8.2%

Absolutely deelish. It is smooth, has a nice bit of bite and none of the dodgy but common cider after-taste. 9/10. It either needs to be a bit more sweet or more tart; as a medium it is too on the fence.

However, a most excellent cider that should not be missed. There is no reason not to serve this with a formal picnic or summer luncheon instead of wine.

Serve at almost any temperature but very cold if you are not used to cider.

Weston's are undoubtedly a superlative for high quality cider makers and they remain a family business. to Weston's.

As you would expect of an old, established West Country family, they know just what you need to remove the taste of badger 'n' rook casserole or flush down the feathers in a roadkill sarnie.
            Last edited by RichardCranium; 18 August 2009, 19:27. Reason: Added the superlative bit 'cos the alcohol's good 'n' strong!

Comment

As you would expect of an old, established West Country family, they know just what you need to remove the taste of badger 'n' rook casserole or flush down the feathers in a roadkill sarnie.
              Is Herefordshire in the West Country?

Speaking of cider you cant beat Dunkertons

Comment

Originally posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
                Is Herefordshire in the West Country?
                I don't know. Is it Black Country? Midlands? "West Midlands" sounds crap.

Is it "Welsh borders"? I'm sure they wouldn't like that.

Comment

I don't know. Is it Black Country? Midlands? "West Midlands" sounds crap.

Is it "Welsh borders"? I'm sure they wouldn't like that.
                  It's both I think.

Abbot Ale (chilled)

Malty, with the right balance of hops. Maris Otter Barley gives the light colour. One of Greene Kings better brews. Similar to Ruddles County.

Serve with, fish/cheese/curry/pizza/more beer

HTH
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I have nearly finished a Premium Organic Cider from Morrison's.

I meant to write earlier but it goes down a treat. It is lovely.

It is 6.5% and made by ... f*** me! Weston's again!

It is an excellent drinking cider. Not a connoisseur's cider in that it does not have the complexity and after-taste one might expect but utterly delightful to quaff.

Easily good enough for your mother-in-law, methinks.

If you have a Morrison's nearby, pick up some to try.

Comment

Back on a Weston's 1880 Anniversary Cider.

Comment

Working...
                      X