• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How full is the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Thanks Dave - I can't keep up with all these letter thingies!
    FFS - you're meant to work in IT!! It's how a stack works, rather than a queue.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      FFS - you're meant to work in IT!! It's how a stack works, rather than a queue.
      If I can't invoice for it, I dont learn it!

Now IOTTP to buy some Nissan workers a few pints :wave

The pope is a tard.

Comment

If I can't invoice for it, I dont learn it!

Now IOTTP to buy some Nissan workers a few pints :wave

There's no doubt a lot of pints to be sunk on Wearside tonight.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Dont fancy your chances as you are in Germany which is really starting to reel from the recession - maybe the USA client will bring you luck though.

There are some Mainframe requiements where I am but sorry its not in Germany.

Good Luck !
          Thanks but a little bit wrong. There a quite a lot of mainframe requirements here (abd Switzerland,) I'm just being a bit picky. As I walked out of the door this afternoon to go into town for a coffee, the phone rang with someone asking when I can start a project in Frankfurt. I get around 4 e-mails a day for different mainframe projects in Germany. The trouble is a lot are for programming type jobs, in particular J2EE, which I ain't got a clue about.

Mind you I know a company in the USA who have just bought over 30 new top range mainframes and 4 companies in Germany who have also bought new mainframes (2 of which have never had mainframes, money saving, i.e: http://www.mainframe-exec.com/articles/?p=90)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Well it is though
            I know what you're saying.. you're starting to put ideas in my head now sigh! Would pay the bills and keep the CV current I guess.. just emailed asking for a job spec if they have one.
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
              I know what you're saying.. you're starting to put ideas in my head now sigh! Would pay the bills and keep the CV current I guess.. just emailed asking for a job spec if they have one.
              better than having to explain the huge gap in your CV as a career break
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                It's a BIG bench, but it's getting fuller all the time, it seems.

It could be worse - have you considered permiedom?

Comment

I think I'd be as nichey in the prozzie sector as I am in the IT sector
                  Which niche of the prozzie sector would you inhabit?

Comment

Nothing up here in the north

Fed up of fishing agents who must have nothing to do either!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Which niche of the prozzie sector would you inhabit?
                      Pound stretcher
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X