• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How full is the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I got my gig back : management came to their senses and realized how much s**t would ensue if I left.

Fortunately I don't think that will be happening to me. I've been working on a non-project which has been like car crash telly for the last 2 months and is unlikely to complete despite the management scattering scraps of work and vague deadlines around.

Very glad to be out of it. Need a week off first to get it out of my system.

Comment

Benched. What's going on.

Where have all the contract jobs gone? I keep receiving phone calls for low paid (and I mean low) permie jobs. 30K doesn't really feel a far market rate. Come off it. It's not funny now.

Agents are either up beat or "the end is nigh". My 9+ years of J2EE experience seems to be getting be plenty of phishing calls with the odd real call for a perm role. Only had around 2 calls for contracts.

Pllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee e save me I'm looking at the permie roles......

Comment

Been looking for two days now. Half a dozen calls from agents, none of them anything to do for what I applied for.

And yes.

All lo-paid permie stuff I wouldn't touch with yours.

Comment

Working...
        X