• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How full is the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I took this permie role I was looking at the market and ended up thinking feck it, if I'm going to have to take a crap rate to get work I might as well get some bloody benefits to go with it. Current role works out at a shade under £300 day for an equivalent contract rate, plus pension, health care, training, paid holidays etc etc etc.

A guaranteed income for the forseable future in the current climate makes it worth while for me at least.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      On a serious note, I wonder if the credit crunch has had an effect on the prostitute "sector"?
      Not been on the bench that long have you?
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        The guys at the Nissan fatory would jump at £100 a day
        I know.

And so would I if this gig ended in this current climate.

It was just the way he said it - as if he wouldn't consider it.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Not been on the bench that long have you?
          I think I'd be as nichey in the prozzie sector as I am in the IT sector
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

On a serious note, I wonder if the credit crunch has had an effect on the prostitute "sector"?
            i think so - it depends how good you look. Was full of Eastern Europeans till last year and far east filth.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Room for a little one?
              It's a BIG bench, but it's getting fuller all the time, it seems.

It could be worse - have you considered permiedom?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Before I took this permie role I was looking at the market and ended up thinking flip it, if I'm going to have to take a crap rate to get work I might as well get some bloody benefits to go with it. Current role works out at a shade under £300 day for an equivalent contract rate, plus pension, health care, training, paid holidays etc etc etc.

A guaranteed income for the forseable future in the current climate makes it worth while for me at least.
                dont kid yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  Was full of Eastern Europeans till last year and far east filth.
                  F**king immigrants...
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Not quite the same but it's been a long time since a felt confident enough to blow £300 in the local lap dance emporium.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

LIFO.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X