• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

and so the end is near.................

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    We once trapsed around a load of shops with her looking for magic jeans - ones that didn't make her fat @rse look fat. After a while I told her that what she needed was actually a smaller @rse. Then the jeans she was attempting to put over it would actually have a chance of covering it.

Comment

We once trapsed around a load of shops with her looking for magic jeans - ones that didn't make her fat @rse look fat. After a while I told her that what she needed was actually a smaller @rse. Then the jeans she was attempting to put over it would actually have a chance of covering it.
      mans one weakness, shopping

anymore than an hour and i have to disappear for a pint to recover
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Shop for clothes with a woman (**) and you'll be richly rewarded in the bedroom later

EDIT (**) unless you're married to her
          Last edited by Platypus; 12 November 2008, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Shop for clothes with a woman and you'll be richly rewarded in the bedroom later
            You mean allowed to sleep for a few hours to restore one's will to live?

Comment

My wife seems to think that she has a more logical thought process then me. On one occasion I had to put her straight. I told her that

My logic is more advanced than your basic logic and because your basic logic can't comprehend my superior logic it incorrectly assumes that it is wrong.

She was still trying to work that out as I made my exit.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My wife seems to think that she has a more logical thought process then me. On one occasion I had to put her straight. I told her that

My logic is more advanced than your basic logic and because your basic logic can't comprehend my superior logic it incorrectly assumes that it is wrong.

She was still trying to work that out as I made my exit.

Final exit
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

anymore than an hour and i have to disappear for a pint to recover
                  Pah, I went shopping with girlfriend and both sister for three DAYS!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                    Pah, I went shopping with girlfriend and both sister for three DAYS!
                    jeez, these daleks are HARD

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      I wonder what the divorce rate is for contractors. I suspect it's higher than average, especially if the wife was retail.
                      Police have a very high divorce rate. Not sure why contractors should be higher than average.

Comment

Working...
                      X