• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dentists - Are they worth the money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, it wore out!!

Ps - the surgery I worked at was next door to a brothel - I did get stoped a couple of times walking up the road after a late nigh surgery - once by a copper asking what I was doing.

Stange - still get strange men asking what I charge by the hour.......
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      Most Eurpean dentists use the 'air gun' injection which is far less painless - there are some overhere must most like to give the good old needle, however after root canal work there is no nerve so you should not need one. topical anaesthetic to numb the gum
      Tell that to mine. I had 3 root canals done at the start of the year. The first visit required 3 injections and come the second she started without but not all the nerve was dead which required another 2.

BTW, I used to live in a house which used to be a brothel which was handy getting the taxi home when pissed, just say the Blaue Eck and they knew exactly where to go
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        Stange - still get strange men asking what I charge by the hour.......
        ...and how much is it out of interest?

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Dentists create their own work. I would not have anything wrong with my teeth if it wasn't for the ones completely wrecked by huge fillings for tiny little cavities that probably would have healed anyway.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

sugar

avoid sodas (the worst for your teeth : acid + sugar) and candies/sugary stuff, brush your teeth and no more need to enrich dentists
            apparently many can not understand this

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Anyone here use a foreign tooth-doctor?
              PM me if you want details. I use a dentist in Prague. Half price UK (pound is week it was 1/5 price) but much better treatment more like Harley Street quality. The dentist makes UK dentistry look like stone age dentistry. He spent a great deal of time rectifying the mess that various dentists had made with my teeth over the years. Aesthetic is painless and he does not rush his work. In the UK they jab you and start drilling immediately and then use cheap fillings that don’t last.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                In the UK they jab you and start drilling immediately and then use cheap fillings that don’t last.
                I can (v)ouch for that.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I can (v)ouch for that.
                  So can I. Had a root canal about a year ago and it feels like it needs redoing. I'm sure he used a bit of old choddy off the floor for the filling.

Going to sack him off, and send him a copy of Driller Killer as a leaving present, overdubbed with various choice phrases at key moments in the film. I don't think I can get into much bother for doing that can I?
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Hang on; I go private and have just taken out by Tescos Dental Insurance for £20 per month which is the cost of 2 checkups per year and 80% towards all private treatment. Would I be better off going with Denplan?
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X