• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dentists - Are they worth the money?"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Hang on; I go private and have just taken out by Tescos Dental Insurance for £20 per month which is the cost of 2 checkups per year and 80% towards all private treatment. Would I be better off going with Denplan?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I can (v)ouch for that.
    So can I. Had a root canal about a year ago and it feels like it needs redoing. I'm sure he used a bit of old choddy off the floor for the filling.

Going to sack him off, and send him a copy of Driller Killer as a leaving present, overdubbed with various choice phrases at key moments in the film. I don't think I can get into much bother for doing that can I?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    In the UK they jab you and start drilling immediately and then use cheap fillings that don’t last.
    I can (v)ouch for that.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Anyone here use a foreign tooth-doctor?
    PM me if you want details. I use a dentist in Prague. Half price UK (pound is week it was 1/5 price) but much better treatment more like Harley Street quality. The dentist makes UK dentistry look like stone age dentistry. He spent a great deal of time rectifying the mess that various dentists had made with my teeth over the years. Aesthetic is painless and he does not rush his work. In the UK they jab you and start drilling immediately and then use cheap fillings that don’t last.

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    sugar

avoid sodas (the worst for your teeth : acid + sugar) and candies/sugary stuff, brush your teeth and no more need to enrich dentists
    apparently many can not understand this

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Dentists create their own work. I would not have anything wrong with my teeth if it wasn't for the ones completely wrecked by huge fillings for tiny little cavities that probably would have healed anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Stange - still get strange men asking what I charge by the hour.......
    ...and how much is it out of interest?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Most Eurpean dentists use the 'air gun' injection which is far less painless - there are some overhere must most like to give the good old needle, however after root canal work there is no nerve so you should not need one. topical anaesthetic to numb the gum
    Tell that to mine. I had 3 root canals done at the start of the year. The first visit required 3 injections and come the second she started without but not all the nerve was dead which required another 2.

BTW, I used to live in a house which used to be a brothel which was handy getting the taxi home when pissed, just say the Blaue Eck and they knew exactly where to go

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Sorry, it wore out!!

Ps - the surgery I worked at was next door to a brothel - I did get stoped a couple of times walking up the road after a late nigh surgery - once by a copper asking what I was doing.

Stange - still get strange men asking what I charge by the hour.......

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

Just call me matron!
    Do you have a matron's outfit?

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    What about cheap foreign crowns - is it going to hurt nurse?
    Most Eurpean dentists use the 'air gun' injection which is far less painless - there are some overhere must most like to give the good old needle, however after root canal work there is no nerve so you should not need one. topical anaesthetic to numb the gum

Just call me matron!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Please try to refrain from mentioning bacon sarnies (or other delicacies) as I am currently working in Germany and the chances of seeing one of them in the near future is pretty much nil.
    I quite often have bacon sarnies here, you just have to look around for good bacon.

Also just got back from the dentist (my son too, he had 2 wisdom teeth taken out) and she wasn't too sure what the problem was. Either take a wisdom tooth out or put me on anti-biotics for a few days and see what happens. You can guess what choice I took...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Just put those glasses on which show you a good action flick. You won't feel a thing.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    I hope they advised here that RCT in Molars has a high rate of failure - especially wisom teath where the roots are hadley ever stright making it harder to remove the nerve. Also this makes the tooth more brittle and prone to breaking, so may have to have it crowned later on.

I knew 7 years as dental nurse would be handy sometime..

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    That made me quiver...
    WHS. And not in a good way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X