• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dentists - Are they worth the money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Brushing?

I thought mouthwash was the modern replacement? The ads tell us it removes more plaque and kills 99.9% of 'bad' bacteria. What the hell are they selling, Domestos!?
    Do you believe everything you you see on the TV?!

By order of the scooter council your right to vote has been evoked and a free ticket to America is all yours!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Always wait at least an hour after a meal or sugary drink, or you are damaging your teeth by brushing them. Not many people appear to know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Always wait at least an hour after a meal or sugary drink, or you are damaging your teeth by brushing them. Not many people appear to know this.
        Sugary drinks are not necessary, not many people know this...
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Sugary drinks are not necessary, not many people know this...

Teeth are not necessary with sugary drinks......

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            Anyone here use a foreign tooth-doctor?
            Depends on what type of work you need, I looked into it a fair bit as I had a dental implant a couple of weeks ago, I ended up having it in the UK total cost for 1 tooth £2050 sounds alot but worth it for me.

The quotes I got for doing it abroad were around £1100 but once you factor in I needed to go out there 3 times for the work that flights, hotel and cost of lost working days it wasnt worth it. Also alot of UK dentists wouldnt touch a dental implant placed by someone else so if I had problems I didnt fancy flying out there. Saying that though I want to replace a crown I have and I will go abroad to do that, they will take the impression in London send it over and get it made up then its just go over there and fit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              Teeth are not necessary with sugary drinks......
              I hate it when nature gets it wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                Also alot of UK dentists wouldnt touch a dental implant placed by someone else so if I had problems I didnt fancy flying out there.

That's probably the main reason for people to get the work done in the UK and take the hit in the wallet. I've seen some services offer initial consultation and aftercare in the UK with the main work being carried out abroad, but no idea if they're a genuine alternative to get the best of both worlds.

I notice that implants are one of the few things not covered by insurance from what I've seen. Though it may be possible to get the cost of a bridge (that is covered) reduced from the implant bill.

Something I've got to consider at some point, probably when my current contract finishes and I'll probably have plenty of spare time if the market doesn't pick up by then.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I will smash them out with a brick. no need to spend money on dental treatment ever again.

PM me to make an appointment.

You know it makes sense
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'm going to the dentist today in Germany
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

Last time I felt so shafted was ...
                      Disappointing! Was looking forward to hearing more about Helga and Olga.

Comment

Working...
                      X