• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Voting Conservative

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    If memory serves the last Conservative government did the same thing, for that matter Labour are merely perpetuating what the Conservatives initiated.

I'm not defending the current government, I happen to think they're clueless, but I don't believe that a Conservative government would do anything substantively different.

I trust any politician of any party about as far as I can reliably spit a rat.
    Given what you say, what's your position on how to improve things in the country?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Emmigrate

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwaif View Post
        I've never been a lover of the Tories and the last time Labour was in power I was too busy chasing drink and skirt to notice what they were doing.
        However, while I don't believe that ANY politician has my best interests at heart, I don't remember the Tories wanting to squander billions of pounds creating a police state. Prepared to be corrected if I'm wrong on that one as I'm still chasing drink and skirt, it's just that I'm more successful at the former than the latter
        Michael Howard wanted ID cards but to be fair, they weren't as bad as the current lot on this kind of thing. It'll be interesting to see what they do when they get in.

Comment

they won't be any better but they won't be any worse either - they will be exactly the same. exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            For the lefties who think the dole queue has gone:
            Good luck finding these looney lefties DP. Sure in your two dimensional world people are actually that simple/dumb in their politics.

Tell you what - one reason keeping me from voting tory (And I'd seriously consider it this time) is supporters like you. You're doing a great job as a labour recruitment secret agent.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Good luck finding these looney lefties DP. Sure in your two dimensional world people are actually that simple/dumb in their politics.

Tell you what - one reason keeping me from voting tory (And I'd seriously consider it this time) is supporters like you. You're doing a great job as a labour recruitment secret agent.
              You're not as dumb as I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                they won't be any better but they won't be any worse either - they will be exactly the same. exactly the same.
                How depressing. I thought that this lot were the worst Government we had ever had and was hoping for a return to the days when the government were just bad as opposed to plain evil.
                Boom boom boom boom
                A-haw haw haw haw
                Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Why is it the lefties point to the last Tory Government and say how bad they were?
                  Certainly mistakes were made, but they safely navigated the country through a very turbulent global economy leaving the GB economy in what is regarded as the best state any Government has ever inherited.
                  The current lot have taken that economy through the most benign period of global economics and have depleted it so badly that we are going to have an incredibly bumpy ride for the next few years no matter who is in charge.
                  The thing that did for the Tories was nothing to do with their ability to run the country, but a new era in GB politics where spin became king. Sleaze was the thing and no matter how capable the party were at running the country the only thing to make the papers was the fact that another tory had been arrested or had died due to some exotic sexual practice.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

has anyone ever died from belgian biscuits?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      Why is it the lefties point to the last Tory Government and say how bad they were?
                      Certainly mistakes were made, but they safely navigated the country through a very turbulent global economy leaving the GB economy in what is regarded as the best state any Government has ever inherited.
                      The current lot have taken that economy through the most benign period of global economics and have depleted it so badly that we are going to have an incredibly bumpy ride for the next few years no matter who is in charge.
                      The thing that did for the Tories was nothing to do with their ability to run the country, but a new era in GB politics where spin became king. Sleaze was the thing and no matter how capable the party were at running the country the only thing to make the papers was the fact that another tory had been arrested or had died due to some exotic sexual practice.
                      Oh for the good old days of Sexual sleaze. Never had a problem with it myself. Far prefer it to the 'fingers in the till' sleaze we get these days.
                      Boom boom boom boom
                      A-haw haw haw haw
                      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Working...
                      X