• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sometimes, life is pretty tulipty.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was the picture of fitness and went to the gym every single day, didn't smoke nor drink much.
    Very much the same thing. Our ex fitness instructor, wonderful women, overcame cancer and now struck down with Motor Neurone Desease. I often wonder where the justice is in this world. But yet she is still so happy, and I guess has accepted it

Comment

Does anybody else read this thread and think Troll ought to be banned? Its posts here are truly disgusting and demonstrate an utter contempt for others and their feelings.

My deepest sympathies to all of you who are empathising with the suffering of people you care about, or who have already lost them.

To Troll:

Fuck Off.

Seriously.

And I don't care if that gets me banned, for it had to be said to you, you worthless cynical waste of God's good air.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Does anybody else read this thread and think Troll ought to be banned? Its posts here are truly disgusting and demonstrate an utter contempt for others and their feelings.

My deepest sympathies to all of you who are empathising with the suffering of people you care about, or who have already lost them.

To Troll:

Fuck Off.

Seriously.

And I don't care if that gets me banned, for it had to be said to you, you worthless cynical waste of God's good air.
        I think that Nick has summarised everyone's feelings, once again, in the way that only he can.
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Sorry to hear that Snaw.
          You are on an emotional roller coaster from here on in. I have had similar experience.

Give her your support. Dont grieve for her before she has gone. Cherish the time you have left and make some amazing memories.
          Dont let her fall for the "100 things to do before I die" unless she realy wants to as it is planning to die, she should be planning to live whats left.

Dont want to preach or be pompous, you will get enough of that. You can always spout off to us.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Troll: Too far dood. I am with Nick Fitz on this one.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

To Troll:

**** Off.

Seriously.

It really depends who he is talking to. I remember he posted similar to me on L***'s councelling thread - and the fact is he was right!

Comment

I had a colleague ask for time off work, as he was finding he just couldn't cope. His manager had been worried about him for some time, as his performance was clearly dropping. Instead of just granting him time off, he got personnel involved, and the HR bod got him an appointment with the company doctor. Co. Dr. diagnosed stress, but also scheduled a few scans, MRI, CAT etc. ( Yes, this WASN'T in the UK ).

A few days later the colleague got a call from the hospital, asking him to come in, and probably better he doesn't drive.

Turned out he had a brain tumour. It was removed, but was malignant. He died two years later. Age 34.

In the midst of this, there are some life affirming points to make:

1) He had two years to put his life in order.

2) The head of HR authorised a payment to my colleague, into his pension fund, to bring him up to full contribution. This meant that his widow and daughter got the full pension.

3) If the manager hadn't shown concern, but had behaved like a typical manager and simply let my colleague go, then he could have died two years before he did, and the widow would have been left with very little.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My youngest son died ten months ago. I was away on holiday and didn't know until the police knocked on our door the night we returned. He'd died two days before; and nobody could get hold of us.
                  I never got to say goodbye, I never got to hold him and tell him that I loved him, I will never hear him laugh again, I will never again get to put my arm across his shoulder and give him the hug that used to embarrass him so.
                  He died alone. It tears my heart out and there is nothing that will ever ease the pain or fill the emptiness that I feel each day.
                  I would give my life just to hold him one more time, just one more minute.

No! life isn't fair, it never was and never will be.

Until such a loss impacts directly on you, it is difficult to empathise with another persons loss. Lacking that empathy it is easy for a person to appear cold and uncaring.
                  Troll was out of line yes, but not having experienced a loss that impacts on his whole life he is to be envied; not berated.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                    I think that Nick has summarised everyone's feelings, once again, in the way that only he can.
                    I agree -

Troll, if you have nothing of use to contribute in a thread like this - just leave it.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

To Troll:

Fuck Off.

Seriously.

Wot, NickFitz getting all emotional, calling for a banning and appealing to God all in one post. Nice work. NF is awarded -5 emotional stability points.

Comment

Working...
                      X