• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sometimes, life is pretty tulipty.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolls best ignored, I bit and shouldn't have - he's not worth the effort of typing a reply. Happy to leave him in his emotionally stunted little world getting his joy from getting a rise off other people - must be a pretty pitiful life indeed if that's where he gets his kicks.

He got one thing right - just chatting about it is cathartic - though I'm still in shock, some of the posts people made here give some sense of perspective. This is going to be a rough period for my wife I think - she's weird this morning, I'm still in shock but she seems to be in denial - guess that's her way of dealing with it for now.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

My commiserations, Snaw.
      I wouldn't take Troll seriously, he is more to be pitied for being the absolute loser he is.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

snaw, i've been dealing with deaths, breakdowns, mental disorders, disabilities, suicides etc etc to my immiediete family and friends since I was 14

So I consider myself an old hand, but i'm guessing the fact that life isn't always super fantastic is news to you, which when it first rears its ugly head.. is a toughy.. obvioulsy highlighting your own mortality which is natural.

You just have to deal with it mate, its crap but you have to. None of the people you mentioned would want you moping around and feeling sorry/ scared for yourself, get out there and live every day for them and yourself.

Treat vulnarable people decently and be glad its not happenning to you or your family, or that your going to have to spend the rest of your life dealing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
          snaw, i've been dealing with deaths, breakdowns, mental disorders, disabilities, suicides etc etc to my immiediete family and friends since I was 14

So I consider myself an old hand, but i'm guessing the fact that life isn't always super fantastic is news to you, which when it first rears its ugly head.. is a toughy.. obvioulsy highlighting your own mortality which is natural.

You just have to deal with it mate, its crap but you have to. None of the people you mentioned would want you moping around and feeling sorry/ scared for yourself, get out there and live every day for them and yourself.

Treat vulnarable people decently and be glad its not happenning to you or your family, or that your going to have to spend the rest of your life dealing with it.
          As a footnote to that sensible position, we are all going to come to a bad end. Doomed. Enjoy life while you have it. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Does anybody else read this thread and think Troll ought to be banned? Its posts here are truly disgusting and demonstrate an utter contempt for others and their feelings.

My deepest sympathies to all of you who are empathising with the suffering of people you care about, or who have already lost them.

To Troll:

Fuck Off.

Seriously.

And I don't care if that gets me banned, for it had to be said to you, you worthless cynical waste of God's good air.
            WHS
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              My youngest son died ten months ago. I was away on holiday and didn't know until the police knocked on our door the night we returned. He'd died two days before; and nobody could get hold of us.
              I never got to say goodbye, I never got to hold him and tell him that I loved him, I will never hear him laugh again, I will never again get to put my arm across his shoulder and give him the hug that used to embarrass him so.
              He died alone. It tears my heart out and there is nothing that will ever ease the pain or fill the emptiness that I feel each day.
              I would give my life just to hold him one more time, just one more minute.

No! life isn't fair, it never was and never will be.

Until such a loss impacts directly on you, it is difficult to empathise with another persons loss. Lacking that empathy it is easy for a person to appear cold and uncaring.
              Troll was out of line yes, but not having experienced a loss that impacts on his whole life he is to be envied; not berated.
              Now that is worthy of commiserations, I don't know how you cope with the loss of a child

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                My commiserations, Snaw.
                I wouldn't take Troll seriously, he is more to be pitied for being the absolute loser he is.
                <dribble>

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Now that is worthy of commiserations, I don't know how you cope with the loss of a child
                  WHS

So we all agree. this thread is closed and we can all live happily ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    yup well said..

Comment

In dark times, when you are at your lowest ebb and it seems we live in a godless and uncaring world, I always take comfort in these words.

Lifes sh1t and then you die.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X