• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of blue sky here, but with a grey could approaching at a speed that will put it directly over my 10 minute walk to the car park around the time I go home in 30 minutes
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Still dry here; but sky is darkening ominously
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

It's all grey here...

And I've got a hangover.

Still, I'm just waiting for my Bombay Bad Boy to rehydrate. That'll make me feel better....
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

*One Bombay Badboy later...

Oh yes, that hit the spot!

Onwards and upwards then...

Anyone for a NCOT?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Nice Cup of Tea

for all those newbies out there...

Comment

Got my tea. weather is dry but cloudy.

Have a load of old files on floppy Circa 1988. I need some of them so I have to convert them to a different format.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                First, find a 5.25" disk drive*....

Then hope against hope that the diskettes are readable...

In my experience the 360k ones last a lot longer than the 1.2M ones...

*of the requisite kind... 40 track DSDD or 80 track DSHD...
                My server has a 5¼" HD drive 'just in case'. It happily reads 40 track DD diskettes anyway. Or at least, it used to when I last tried, some years ago.

But then, the missus bought a tape player last weekend.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  You'll probably find that it's all bunged up with dust... then you'll have to find one of those 5.25" disk drive cleaner thingies that they don't make any more...
                  I still have one.

Had to load an old MS works word processor. It wouldn't print from it as I kept getting an "Out of memory" error when I tried.

Sorted it by bringing up the files in Works, select all, copy, then paste to MS Word 2007 and save under the new format.

Am I good or what

Downloaded two converters but they converted all the formatting out of the paperwork

Comment

Some of my files (documents) are from the early eighties. written in First Choice word Processor.
                    Converted them all to Txt a few years ago and then on to word Format.

Never know when I might need them

Comment

It's too early.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X