• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting cabin fever now.

The sun's about to come up and it's a clear, clear blue day. (Snow coming into late afternoon/evening).

Think I'll forget about monitoring Jobserve this morning, wrap meself up and walk to the shops....
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Temperature has risen 2 degrees here since the sun came up

Now only - 7 deg
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

• - 11 deg this morning.
        • More snow
        • Oh joy!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          • - 11 deg this morning.
          • More snow
          • Oh joy!

-18C here. Even the mice in the thatch were asking for the heating to be turned up.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

-5C here and snowing.

Locals reckon if it continues for another few days the 'big' lake will be frozen enough to skate on. First time in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              -5C here and snowing.

Locals reckon if it continues for another few days the 'big' lake will be frozen enough to fall through the ice on
              FTFY
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                FTFY
                We don't all quaff copious amounts of humble pie.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  I keep telling people! there's Loads of free grit stuff in them yeller bins that have obviously been just dumped on the sides of the road.
                  This wasn't you, was it?

Torfaen County Borough Council, in South Wales, reported people arriving in large vehicles or vans and all but emptying grit bins within minutes of them being filled.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    This wasn't you, was it?

Comment

Warmer today, only - 3 deg, but it's snowing again.

Local authorities will be reducing salt spreading by a min of 25%, which will cause travel chaos throughout Britain, as only main routes will be kept clear of snow, and minor roads will quickly become impassable.

How does one use the main routes if one can't get to them

Comment

Working...
                      X