• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil prices resumed climbing yesterday as ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skelm View Post
    Like I said its just a thought to encourage the whole "intergrate into society" thing.

For example:
    Muslim vs Muslim dispute = perhaps Sharia law can be used.

Christian vs Christian = Biblical law ( or whatever its called )

Christian vs Muslim = State Law.

Im not saying its perfect, but any party involved might feel that they are "represented".

Im saying this as there is plenty of finger pointing and general animosity and maybe this would assist in less aggressive opinions of each other?
    I'm not certain that would work, as attempting to 'integrate' faith laws into our society would dis-integrate our society's laws. State sanctioned allowances for/reinforcement of these groups would also encourage segregation, and quite possibly lead to more aggressive and polarised opinions of each other.
    My argument would always be for the separation of church and state. I've yet to hear anything from anyone to dissuade me of this.

Comment

Originally posted by skelm View Post
      Like I said its just a thought to encourage the whole "intergrate into society" thing.

For example:
      Muslim vs Muslim dispute = perhaps Sharia law can be used.

Christian vs Christian = Biblical law ( or whatever its called )

Christian vs Muslim = State Law.

Im not saying its perfect, but any party involved might feel that they are "represented".

Im saying this as there is plenty of finger pointing and general animosity and maybe this would assist in less aggressive opinions of each other?
      You could always take "Biblical" law to its extreme :-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/396968-post488.html

Comment

Do you think that we should wipe/kick them all out; while we still outnumber them.

Discuss
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Discuss
          Too many pronouns.

Comment

Do you think that we should wipe/kick them all out; while we still outnumber them.

Discuss
            Who is "them"? Do you mean munchkins? I didn't know we allowed them to breed?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Too many pronouns.
              Well! We'll kick them out too

Comment

Discuss
                Islam, Judaism Christianity, we should kick all those middle-eastern religions, with their mono-god nonsense, out and go back to our true Pagan roots.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Islam, Judaism Christianity, we should kick all those middle-eastern religions, with their mono-god nonsense, out and go back to our true Pagan roots.
                  Yep, I'm partial to a bit of howling at the Moon myself. Never did anyone any harm.

Comment

Well at least we get to keep Christmas then.

Comment

I nominate you for Wicker man

Comment

Working...
                      X