• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oil prices resumed climbing yesterday as ..."

Collapse

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    OK - made up my mind, next contract I will work for an Oil company ..... finance sector is such a loser, just keeps going in useless loss cycles...
    I do work for an Oil company, and they're loaded (for now.)

But they're getting crucified by suppliers (including the contractors) charging the earth for their niche skills in a tight market so are looking to replace them with permies....

No nirvana here I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    What I read is IRAN> Rogue Muslim state which puts martyrdom above living, owning a nuclear weapon. They get their 67 virgins and their deathwish while we get wiped out !! The sooner we wipe out their nuclear facilities the better!!
    Imagine their disappointment when they get to Valhalla only to find a packet of raisins waiting for them!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Apologies, crossed in the post! No aggro, but I just hate to see rumours spread uncontested.
    a major first for cuk

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    OK - made up my mind, next contract I will work for an Oil company ..... finance sector is such a loser, just keeps going in useless loss cycles...
    I hear Bertolli are great.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Practice makes perfect

Reactor Destroyed by Israel

Israeli aircraft destroyed the Osirak nuclear reactor in Iraq in 1981 before it was completed, and former Defense Minister Yitzhak Rabin has warned that Israel would attack Iraq again if it placed nuclear weapons aboard missiles or aircraft able to reach Israel. No such specific threat has been issued in regard to chemical weapons.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...57C0A966958260

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    See above your last post
    Apologies, crossed in the post! No aggro, but I just hate to see rumours spread uncontested.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    No, it doesn't help. I already checked exactly that article before posting my question. It makes no mention of Iran using any poison gas.

Do you have any sources at all for your claim?
    See above your last post

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    No, it doesn't help. I already checked exactly that article before posting my question. It makes no mention of Iran using any poison gas.

Do you have any sources at all for your claim?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I don't remember any news items alleging that Iran used poison gas, ever. Do you? Do you have any sources? You didn't just make it up, I presume?
    My sincerest apologies, I read that Iraq had used poison gas in retaliation for Iran's use of same.
    After further research; it turns out that this was merely the unsubstantiated clam of Saddam Hussain, in explanation for his use of the weapon against Iran.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I don't remember any news items alleging that Iran used poison gas, ever. Do you? Do you have any sources? You didn't just make it up, I presume?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemica...#Iran-Iraq_War

HTH

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Iran & Iraq used poison gas on each other and on civilians, Had either side possessed Nuclear capability during the Iran v Iraq war, it would have been used.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought Mary and Joseph were unmarried until she had the immaculate conception?

I do wonder what was put on Jesus's birth certificate under father?
    immaculate conception?

Is where they don't Kack on the delivery room table like?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I don't think Christ was strictly a bastard was he?
    I thought Mary and Joseph were unmarried until she had the immaculate conception?

I do wonder what was put on Jesus's birth certificate under father?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Eek, you're using 'them' as a pronoun for a pronoun. Now if I could just refer to that, which I just have, it'd (and again) have a pronoun for a pronoun for a pronoun. I'm just off for a lie down now...
    Wot I ment woz, we'll kick them there lazy pronoun barstewards out too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X