• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil prices resumed climbing yesterday as ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skelm View Post
    Thats because you dont see the connection between Iran and Israel.

Bottom line is Israel as just as trigger happy. So if they can have nuclear power, then fair play to Iran.

Or dont you see the logic there?

Oh I forget, if someone breaks into your house, you probably help them load their van!
    You obviousley have no knowledge of the region. Israel has been attacked by every one of it's neighbours. It's defended itself twice in 48 & 67 from far bigger powers intent on it's destruction. Every Arab / Muslim state hates Jews, they teach it in school. Israel could easily fight, defeat and occupy all the powers of the region, in a conventional war. And you think they're trigger happy?
    And I don't see them bombing Iran, it's just too risky, although some say Olmert & Bush would like to before they ride off into the sunset, but I hope their own governments wouldn't let them.
    Bored.

Comment

Islam does not endorce needless violence.
      I think that depends on your definition of needless.

"Allah has sent you from your homes to fight for the Cause. Allah wished to confirm the truth by his words: wipe the Infidels out to the last. I shall fill the hearts of the Infidels with terror! So smite them on their necks and every joint, and incapacitate them, for they are opposed to Allah and His Apostle"

etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

"Allah has sent you from your homes to fight for the Cause. Allah wished to confirm the truth by his words: wipe the Infidels out to the last. I shall fill the hearts of the Infidels with terror! So smite them on their necks and every joint, and incapacitate them, for they are opposed to Allah and His Apostle"

etc etc

Is the bible (whatever version) any different? Is the Torah any different?
        'cause I cant see a difference.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          Is the bible (whatever version) any different? Is the Torah any different?
          'cause I cant see a difference.
          The Torah I don't know.

But the bible (OT) is just as bad.

I wasn't saying that Islam is worse than Christianity, just pointing out that it extols needless (?) violence

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

etc etc
            The same kinds of messages are in the Torah and Bible. When quoting from any Holy Book, always provide reference to what Verses in which chapters etc for the enlightenment of us all.

I shall us one quote from the Quran in a Surah called Baqarah .... verse 190-193 which is quite clear ....

190. Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

191. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

192. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

193. And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah. but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

This is just one of the many examples where "fighting" is permitted with a valid reason.

Comment

This is just one of the many examples where "fighting" is permitted with a valid reason.
              Unless of course it transgresses the law of the land for which country you happen to be present.

Please don't forget that one.

Comment

No state or sovereign power where fundamentalist religious doctrines usurp secular government/economic policies should be allowed to develop 'the bomb'. It's a Jihad waiting to happen.

Comment

I see your point but the law you talk about is a man made law ( a law based of human judgment and prone to errors )

The law I talk about is the law of the Almighty .... whoever you believe that to be( the law of all laws so to speak ). Be it in the Bible, the Torah or Quran.

Comment

I see your point but the law you talk about is a man made law ( a law based of human judgment and prone to errors )

The law I talk about is the law of the Almighty .... whoever you believe that to be( the law of all laws so to speak ). Be it in the Bible, the Torah or Quran.
                    Interpreted by man!

Touché, I'll get your coat...

Comment

There is no such thing as the Almighty.
                      HTH
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X