• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Learning to play guitar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips on how to get started? Could I do this by myself, say from a book or something? Should I go out and buy a guitar first or read through some courses first to see if I'm actually capable of playing?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
      Any tips on how to get started? Could I do this by myself, say from a book or something? Should I go out and buy a guitar first or read through some courses first to see if I'm actually capable of playing?
      Burt Wheedon - Play "with yourself" in a day!

Comment

It's very easy to learn to play guitar well enough for your own satisfaction, and to be able to appreciate how good clapton, knopfler, keaggy etc. really are.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You will be able to play chords using tab (tabulature is an easy way to read music), are you after accoustic or electric?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            You will be able to play chords using tab (tabulature is an easy way to read music), are you after accoustic or electric?
            Acoustic first ... I'd like to go electric if I still have the determination later. I'll look into tab - thanks

Comment

What kind of stuff do you want to play?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Acoustic first ... I'd like to go electric if I still have the determination later. I'll look into tab - thanks
                I was given a 330, so I've never played acoustically, I think electric is a more fun option. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  I was given a 330, so I've never played acoustically, I think electric is a more fun option. IMHO
                  It is more fun but it’s good to be proficient on an acoustic so when you do pick up a leccy it’s fun squared

Also it’s nice to play the pure acoustic sound – even when it’s an electro acoustic through an amp/soundcard which is what I do at the moment.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    Do you mean a Rickenbacker 330 ?
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Do you mean a Rickenbacker 330 ?

Comment

Working...
                      X