• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lovely place - Liverpool!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    a. - You're joking, right?
    At least someone gets what I'm on about.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      What is the number of tourists that:
      a. visit Liverpool
      b. visit the city of London

what are the number of workers who:
      a. work in Liverpool
      b. work in the City of London
      You specifically said 'population'.
      I know what you're alluding to though.

However, the recorded crimes are lower than you think: only around 8k in CoL for 06/07, and many, many more than that in Liverpool. Can't be bothered to read that report again - check out actual recorded stats (post above).
      Last edited by realityhack; 17 March 2008, 14:24. Reason: accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
        Hillsborough was a police\stadium instigated accident in Sheffield, unless you read the Sun.
        Oh here we go again about Hillsborough...
        Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

If you added the tourists and workers who temporarily inflate the CoL's population every day, then look at the (lower than 8k) crime numbers, the ratio is quite good, lower than Greater London.

Bear in mind the City has one of the world's most sophisticated surveillance systems and it's own elite (and armed) police force, I think the real crime figures per (working day & tourist) capita would be quite low, much lower than Merseyside.

Comment

And just to prove that point:

The City of London's average daytime (workers + tourists + residents) population is aprox. 450,000.

Actual recorded crime figures were 7,973 for 06/07.

Having some trouble finding Merseyside's daytime population but according to wikipedia, Liverpool's Urban area is over 816,000.

Actual recorded crime figures: 155,208.

Don't have to be great at maths to see Liverpool's crime rate is far, far higher than the City of London.
            Last edited by realityhack; 17 March 2008, 14:38. Reason: Comparison

Comment

As you can tell, I'm very busy today.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Don't have to be great at maths to see Liverpool's crime rate is far, far higher than the City of London.
                No, but a career in politics beckons.

Lies, damn lies and statistics - oh look, inflation's low and so is crime in London
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  No, but a career in politics beckons.

Lies, damn lies and statistics - oh look, inflation's low and so is crime in London
                  Not London, my FaQQing friend, the City of London. There are 3 separate cities in the London area:
                  • Greater London
                  • The City of London, and
                  • The City of Westminster
                  Greater London is the powerhouse of crime in the UK, don't get me wrong there mate.

Comment

Not London, my FaQQing friend, the City of London. There are 3 separate cities in the London area:
                    • Greater London
                    Greater London is the powerhouse of crime in the UK, don't get me wrong there mate.
                    THREE cities ?? thats nearly as many as Roma. Lets have a competition to see which city has the most cities in it
                    Any Russians around to tell us how many cities are in Dneneprotovsk ?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

• Greater London
                      Since when was Greater London a City?
                      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X