• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Passat Owners Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Is there any car out there duller and less interesting than a Passat?

Person A:

"What you driving these days?"

Person B:

"A Passat".

Person A:

Ford Mundano
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I drive a "Skoda Superb" as a company vehicle. Do I qualify?

Comment

I am going to have to 'fess up to owning one too

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Toyota Aygo does the trick in London. £35 tax, 60mpg, group 1 insurance and now no congestion charge. Less money into Gordos coffers.
          And I think free parking in certain London boroughs as it's now in the same class as an electric.
          I was thinking the other that the Suzuki Swift would make a good city car choice. I like the styling compared with a lot of the dull looking city boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
            It is shiny but not that new! 03 with 75k on it. Was only £6k so we can sell my Golf and the Mrs' Peugeot and bank a grand As I work from home we only do about 6k miles a year so should last me 10 years at least! My Golf lost me about a grand a year and swore I would never be so foolish again. Hence knocking back the beemers etc. Had the cash in the bank to buy could not bring myself to do it...
            Ferret - What Golf are you selling?

Comment

Surely this thread needs to include the trademark Oh Dear(tm) somewhere.

Comment

Ex Passat owner, traded it for a Mundano.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Ferret - What Golf are you selling?
                  02 TDi 100 BHP, metallic black, 42k on the clock. Lovely car. Gutted.
                  my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I drive a "Skoda Superb" as a company vehicle. Do I qualify?
                    Not only do you qualify but you are also an extremely shrewed car buyer/user. Apart from the Skoda badges on the bonnet, boot and steering wheel, just try and find any part of the car that hasn't got Aiudi/VW written on it. And as a bonus it costs a fair bit less and has 4" more rear leg room. Not only that, but the Skoda factory produces the best build quality in the entire Audi/VW group if you believe Honest John in the Telegraph.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

OK, I'll come clean.

I once had one as a pool car until my S3 arrived when working for VW Group.

but it was only for a few weeks, honest

Comment

Working...
                      X