• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'm happily married, and so is my wife (I think).
    Same here, and very rarely have arguments over little things.
    We both do our own thing in the week, and as long as we both do our jobs around the house everything is spot on... She cleans and I iron. We alternate getting the kids ready for bed...
    But once the weekend comes the evenings are ours and the days are for spending together with the kids.
    give and take.. Marriage guidance over and out...

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      I just assume everybody on internet message boards are guys. I shoulkd have known you were a lady by the fact you made a valid point about the issue (her knowing where I am is a positive thing in reality, better than out on the piss with the lads every night from her perspective)

Apologies Miss/Mrs Packed.
      Forgiven
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Forgiven
        Isn't he magnanimous?

Comment

A guy walks into a bar...oops wrong thread.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Isn't he magnanimous?
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Try to accept that you will be giving her half of everything regardless of who earned it, try to get a final settlement rather than on-going maintenance payments that she can renegotiate if you start making cash, let me guess she doesn't work or doesn't earn much. Not worth contesting, you won't get away with more.
              Setup new company asap for any earnings from now and shift every penny you have stashed into parents accounts before you have to declare it all.
              Setup fair payments to her for the kids. You will likely be paying for her house with the kids in it for the forseeable. Talk down your future earnings every chance you get, if they continue at contract levels you should be able to have a half decent life and cover payments to her.
              Sooner you accept the change, easier it will be for you to get on with things. A new woman might provide a distraction during this time, for god's sake though, don't jump in with both feet with the first one who smiles at you.
              You might find your time with the kids becomes much more enjoyable without all the grief of the relationship hanging over you. good luck

Comment

Happily Divorced

Ahh Divorce, the institution of, a damn fine one at that. I should inform you that Mrs Cave and I are blissfully divorced, and thank you for your interest. It warms my heart that all of geeksville is full of similarly divorced contract type people.

Comment

Why do any of you people get married in the first place? It's completely unnecessary and gets you nothing but potential hassle further down the line.

Comment

It gives legal recognition to the partnership, which as well as obligations, gives rights and protection. Property rights, exemptions on inheritance tax, benefits regarding social security and pension. Parental rights over the other partners children, (responsibility to maintain and provide for those children, and partner), tenancy rights, life insurance recognition, next-of-kin rights at hospitals (if you are married you are a relative. If you're not married, you are not a relative) etc. etc.

If you are going to live with someone, it would be foolish in the extreme to not consider the legal implications of not being married.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You may find this web site helpful?

http://www.ondivorce.co.uk/chatdiscuss.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X