• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back to coding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
    Or driving a Passat...I just thought he was trying to cover his tracks so as to join in a grown up conversation.
    Changing tapes? Passat? Thank you - I feel like a right toff, now!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      SQL? Real coders?

My SQL knowledge is "SELECT * FROM TABLE". Then I get all the data and write assembler code to sort out what I want from it. That's the way forward.
      I weep for your Client, then.

Comment

Real coders are still working in RPG II.

Logic cycle rulez OK!
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Real real coders use edlin...
          And for those of us who developed on VAX/VMS, editing in edt not tpu/eve.

Christ, now I'm getting geeky (though no chance of beating zeity).
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Real coders are still working in RPG II.

Logic cycle rulez OK!
            RPGII? I have coded in RPG/400 and thought that was old! But RPGII... blimey!!! God bless the AS/400: best platform EVER!
            Last edited by DBA_bloke; 20 September 2007, 12:53.

Comment

Real coders punch their own holes.
              http://www.facade.com/legacy/punchca...very+sad+geeks

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                RPGII? I have coded in RPG/400 and thought that was old! But RPGII... blimey!!! God bless the AS/400: best platform EVER!
                Got a love it, nobody in their right mind write in RPGII these days, but there's still loads of old stuff around that works fine!

RPG IV, it has to be said, is the puppies nuts when you've worked with II. Free format? Embedded SQL, oooo I think I've just cum.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Got a love it, nobody in their right mind write in RPGII these days, but there's still loads of old stuff around that works fine!

RPG IV, it has to be said, is the puppies nuts when you've worked with II. Free format? Embedded SQL, oooo I think I've just cum.
                  The Page 3 Stunna of the AS/400 has to be Open Query File. A lifetime to learn, etc. Until you've made the Operator's pager wake him at 1AM, owing to a bit of new Open Query File code that overwhelmed the Temporary Storage, you can't call yourself a programmer!

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                    The Page 3 Stunna of the AS/400 has to be Open Query File. A lifetime to learn, etc. Until you've made the Operator's pager wake him at 1AM, owing to a bit of new Open Query File code that overwhelmed the Temporary Storage, you can't call yourself a programmer!
                    Yup - what a biatch of a thing they are. Becoming a bit less-used these days with embedded SQL all the rage.

Comment

Yup - what a biatch of a thing they are. Becoming a bit less-used these days with embedded SQL all the rage.
                      The bloomin' quotation marks always, always made for hours of debugging! Ah! Happy days!

Comment

Working...
                      X